SEVENTEEN: Jihyo

[MIDDLE SCHOOL

[MIDDLE SCHOOL.]

A girl with brown hair passed by Jungkook. She had tears brimming her eyes, and her face was all red. In her hands was a piece of paper and a pencil, and she was rushing to get to the end of the hallway.

He spotted her from the library. He had just checked out a book in order to get out of class, and now, he was on his way back.

Or so he thought.

He watched as the girl made it to the end of the hallway, wiped away the hot tears on her face, then sat down with a thud. She began scribbling something on the paper.

No part of him wanted to go back to class, so seeing this random girl having a fit at the end of the hallway gave him a reason to linger in the hallway. He began down the hallway, walking louder than usual in order to make his presence known.

Not once did the girl look up from her paper. When he got closer, he realized she was actually writing words on the paper. Her handwriting was bad. Really bad. He could make out her L's and O's, but that was it.

"Hey," Jungkook began slowly, "Are you okay?"

Exasperated, the girl looked up. Her face was still red and tears continued down her face, but he thought she was rather pretty.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine," She spat, then resumed her writing.

She was writing on lined paper. Each letter took up two entire lines. This girl was not capable of writing small.

"But you're crying," He pointed out. She gave him an annoyed look, one that basically said "Get the hell away from me."

But Jungkook stayed.

He looked down the hallway, checking to see if any teachers were coming. When he noticed that none were, he took a seat next to the crying girl.

She immediately scooted away.

"Go away!" She sobbed. Her tears flowed from her cheeks and onto the paper she was writing on.

He began to get nervous. "I-I'm not trying to annoy you or anything... I just wanted to make sure you were okay." That, and he wanted to skip class.

"I said I'm fine! I'm just having a bad day!" She dropped her pencil then held her face, sobbing into her palms. He sat about a foot away from her, watching as she broke down into more tears.

Once she hid her face, he was able to inch closer. Very carefully, he turned her paper towards him. He began to read it to his best abilities.