FIVE: Leaves

The next morning, you were awoken by the sun shining in your eyes

The next morning, you were awoken by the sun shining in your eyes. Surprisingly, you woke up five minutes before your alarm was supposed to go off.

When you looked over at Jungkooks side of the room, you noticed it was completely clean. For the second day in a row, he still wasn't there. The last time you saw him was the day before when he walked out of his class.

You pushed your blankets off your legs before standing up. You carefully stretched, letting the warm sun rays hit your skin. The rays, which were leaking through the blinds, painted golden shadows on the wall.

You started off your morning routine by using the bathroom. You thoroughly brushed your teeth, then headed back to the closet to choose an outfit.

You weren't big on fashion. You swore that you never looked good in anything, therefore, you never cared to put any effort into your everyday outfits. Today, you settled on a black shirt, loose jeans, and your favorite pair of converse.

The only jewelry you wore was a silver pendant around your neck. It was a gift given to you by your grandmother when you were twelve.

The sun casted a direct spotlight onto your bag. You walked over and shoved your phone inside, then hoisted it onto your shoulders. As for your hair, all you could do was run a brush through it.

Makeup wasn't an everyday thing for you. Most of the time, you only wore mascara, but if you were feeling fancy, you'd add some eyeliner.

Today was not one of those days.

You came around the hallway corner and approached the kitchen. As expected, Jungkook wasn't there. Not only that, but you still had no food in the house. You weren't sure how much longer you could live off of cafeteria food, so you made a mental note to go to the grocery store sometime soon.

It took longer for you to leave the dormitory building than it took for you to get ready in the morning. By the time the warm outdoor air brushed against your skin, you immediately became tired.

The furthest class you had was about a fifteen minute walk.

You hated walking.

But, you powered through. Admiring the environment around you, you began walking down the stone pathway to your Calculus building. It was located amongst several other math classes.

Green leaves fell from the tops of trees. There were random dandelions scattered throughout the grass alongside weeds. Somewhere in the distance, you could hear the tweeting of a bird.

It was calm. You felt calm.

Or at least, you did for a short while.

It wasn't until you felt someone tap your head that you finally turned around. When you came face to face with Jungkook, you nearly jumped out of your own skin.