TWENTY THREE: Illicit Affairs

[flashback

[flashback.]

sophomore year.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook!"

Jungkook ran through the school halls, ignoring the older teachers that were shouting at him to slow down. He slid past groups of people, happily dashing down the long hallway.

Jihyo stayed close behind, just barely managing to grab his backpack every so often. Their teenage faces were painted with youthful smiles.

Once he reached his locker, he collapsed alongside of it, leaning his left shoulder against the hard metal. He laughed as Jihyo finally managed to catch up to him, resulting in a playful slap to his cheek.

"You run so slow, Jiji. I always beat you," He snickered, opening up his locker to reveal some gum wrappers and two textbooks.

The brunette softly grabbed his hand, "I know. I let you win on purpose." She knew that was a lie- Jungkook had been beating her in races ever since middle school- but she couldn't bare to admit otherwise.

She watched as he grabbed a biology textbook out his locker, set it in his bag, then slam the metal piece shut with a loud bang! Then, he resorted his attention to her.

Jihyo loved Jungkooks smile. If there was one image she could see for the rest of her life, it would be his smile. She wanted a tattoo of it, right on her upper thigh. To the side of it, she wanted matching tattoos with him.

In the bottom of her book bag were 2 doodles, both representing the tattoos that she wanted her and him to get. She was too nervous to bring it up, but one day, she hoped for it to happen. Two beautiful intertwining flowers would soon connect their souls. That's what she dreamt of.

When Jungkook placed his hand right under her chin, lifting it up to his level, she felt weak in the knees. The boy was so gentle, and she couldn't help but feel faint anytime he was near.

Her eyes met his. In that very moment, she knew she had to ask him.

"Hey, Jungkook-"

"Beat you to class!" He suddenly announced, shoving her face forcefully into the locker before running off.

Hurt, she quickly turned around, watching as the boy disappeared into the crowd of students.

She didn't get to ask him out.

✧✧✧

senior year.