Chapter 10( the first kiss)

Chapter 10
Aurora's POV

It was around 4:30pm when we got home, Jay pulled over at the drive way and halted the car. I was lost in my thoughts; I was worried about my safety. I didn't know anyone here and so seeing that man looking at me was creepy. That's when I felt a warm hand on mine and I turned to see jay staring at me.

" Rora, don't worry about anything, I'll protect you from anyone who wants to hurt you, I won't let anything happen to you, I feel like I owe u and I don't know why but I'll protect you with my life, you've become very close to me, so stop worrying, all is well" with that he cubed my face and kissed my temple. I just sat there speechless looking into those eyes of he's, this was it, my safety, the man I love, he makes me feel so safe. My eyes went down to his lips and I wanted to kiss them, I wanted to have a taste of them, it was wrong but it felt right, my brain was restraining me from kissing him but my heart wanted it so much.

I don't know what happened but my hands weren't responding to my brain anymore, I grabbed him by his t shirt and slammed my lips on he's shutting my eyes tight. He was shocked at first but then he started responding to the kiss. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, closing every gab between us. He kissed me passionately, like he was hungry for me, like he wanted to taste every bit of my mouth, I kissed him back, I wanted to feel the taste of his soft lips, he sucked mine and I knew it'll be swollen after this, I kissed him and I smiled inwardly, I could finally run my hand through his soft hair yess!!. While kissing him and running my hand through his hair, I started having flashbacks of the little boy I saved on that bloody night, the one with the curly hair, and I realized his hair was similar to Jay's own, then I saw images of blood on his face, I immediately pulled away as if I was offended and Jay looked surprised.

"I am sorry" I said still looking at him.

" Why did you pull away like that? Did I do anything wrong?" he asked with a worried expression.

" no not at all, I just remembered something and... never mind, i need to make dinner, it'll soon be time Jayson" I said and without waiting for his reply I opened the door and walked got out of the car. I even called him Jayson... Damn!!!!!.

What the hell was that? Why did I suddenly remember that boy? His hair felt really familiar. What's going on?. I shook my head and shrugged it off, I had a lot to do and this wasn't the time to think about that painful night.

I went to my room, took a shower and wore something comfy and headed to the kitchen. i was making Ndoleh and ripe plantains, it was one of our Cameroonian dishes and Jay liked it , it consisted of peanuts, a vegetable we call ( biter leaves) and I'll be making it with shrimps and fried chicken. I'll also be making chicken pasta in case Leo doesn't like the Ndoleh, with some chocolate cupcakes for desert.

After some minutes jay joined me in the kitchen, he didn't look happy at all, he looked delirious. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat on the counter manipulating his phone. Each time i Looked at him and my eyes landed on his lips, I could still remember how he kissed me, or I kissed him, I could still feel the taste of his lips on mine. come to think of it, what came over me?, why did I kiss him so hard?, ok yeah I love him, I said to myself as if I just remembered.

" won't you help me today Jay?"

"I guess you're doing just fine without me" with that he left the kitchen, yeah he wasn't happy at all.
Wait, what happened? Why is he mad at me?.

"y did u pull away like that, as if he was disgusting?" that inner voice asked

" because I remembered that bloody night"

"well he doesn't know about it and he isn't a sidekick to know about it without you telling him Rora" why was it always saying the truth?

" because I am your conscience dummy" . I just shook my head and went back to what I was doing. I finished making dinner and went to change, Shella had texted me that they'll soon be here. Jay was in his room since then. I wore my usual clothes, a baggy jean and a crop top. I headed to Jay's room to apologize and bring him down stairs. I knocked on the door and he told me to come in.

"can we talk please, Leo and Shella will soon be here and I don't want u being in this mood." I said while looking at his back. He was lying on his bed facing the other side of the room. his back was facing me, he was acting like a kid who had been scolded by his mom. he then turned to me and I could see his brows furrowed, he looked annoyed. He walked towards me, stood in front of me and I could smell his marvelous cologne, he always blessed the air. I started feeling nervous, it happens each time he stood close to me and my breath hitched.

" why did u pull away like that Rora? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt u while grabbing u? Didn't u enjoy the kiss? Don't you like me?" he asked with a sad tone, his eyes looked really sad like he was hurt. I was shocked with his last question.

"No jay, I loved the kiss, and you didn't hurt me.. i... I was just shocked I did that, I am sorry for pulling away and... I like you jay, I really do like you.." before I could finish my words he held me by my shoulder and kissed me smack on the lips, I was shocked, no astonished, he pinned me against the door and I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him back, his kiss was gentle but rough at the same time, he sucked on my lips like there was no tomorrow. he pulled away after a while so we could catch our breaths. He leaned his forehead on mine still closing our eyes.

"if you say u like me that much, then be my girlfriend please , I want you to be mine and mine alone Rora" that caught me by surprise, I opened my eyes . he then stepped back, removed something from his pocket and stretched it towards me. It was a beautiful diamond bracelet, black and white diamonds, I wanted to cry, my were becoming eyes glossy.

"at the park I didn't go to the restroom, I went to that jewelry  shop at the other side of the road to get you this, I wanted this moment to be more romantic, I am sorry that it's like this but I love you Rora I don't know when or how it happed but I really do, I want you all to myself, I want to love you and be with you and you alone." I just stood there speechless, I couldn't stop the tears which were threatening to fall out and it did, Jay wiped it off with his thump and kissed my forehead. I saw a lot of sincerity in his eyes and yea I wanted him even more. He made me forget everything and everyone, he made me safe and he has been nothing but kind to me.

"Yes Jay, I'll be your girlfriend." I saw how his eyes lit up with excitement and he hugged me.

" thank you" he whispered into my ears. He pulled away, wore the bracelet on my hand, kissed my forehead and hugged me again. This was the best night of my life, I was so happy. he was about to kiss me again when We heard the door bell and Jay groaned, it made me giggled.

"who the hell is disturbing this peaceful moment Lord" he grumbled.

" I am sure that is Leo"

" ohh yeah I almost forgot they were coming over" he said and we both chuckled and went downstairs.
~~~~

"hey girl" I said while hugging Shella.

"hey hun" she hugged me back.

"you look great, I've missed you " I said while pouting. she just chuckled. she was wearing a long sleeveless gown which showed her wonderful black girl curves and a jacket which she removed when she got in, it was cold outside. Leo was wearing blue jeans and a grey shirt, he gave Jay a bro hug and we went straight to the dinning to eat it was around 7pm.