Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Aurora's POV
2 weeks later

"I heard he is moving in today, I am a bundle of nerves and going to work tomorrow is really not on my mind, what if I bump into him?" I said to Shella while taking a bite on my cupcake, I loved cupcakes yeah. "What if he doesn't like my cooking? His mom will surely think of firing me, he's basically their only son, I'm sure they do all he asks, OMG Shella you're driving me insane with your silence" I said while glaring at her. She was seated on the other couch watching some cartoons and was very much focused. So I picked a cushion and threw it at her.

"OUCHT AURORA!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??" she yelled while gawking at me

"Finally I've got your attention" I said while rising my hands up in frustration

"if this is about the Vegas son I already told u a million times that all will go fine. It's not like you've met him before and embarrassed yourself in front of him, so stop worrying and let things fall in place, and I've told you he'll love your food too. So stop bugging me, I'm trying to watch something here".

I rolled my eyes and got back to eating my cupcakes. Maybe she was right, it's not like we've met before, he would surely love my food too, I mean I am the best. Come to think of it, how come we've never seen him on TV or newspapers before? that was strange.
It was a Sunday afternoon and we didn't go to work, Shella wasn't needed at the hospital and Sundays were my resting days.

~~~~
Jayden's POV
It was finally time for me to head back to Canada I had collected the documents I needed in Cameroon and went back to Austria to get some stuffs sorted out before moving to Canada to live with my parents and work there as well.

Mom wouldn't stop babbling about the new chef she hired and my ears were hurting already, every time we spoke she'll talk about Aurora, God I even knew her name already. Mom said she's pretty and around my age. i was actually happy she finally found someone of her taste ,to cook all she liked, her love for Cameroonian food is just something else. i must confess I like food too, and good ones at that so yeah, I can't wait to taste the new chef's food.

~~~~
"Welcome back son, I missed you so much my baby" mom said while taking me into her arms

"Come on mom, I'm not a baby anymore, I'll soon be 23 years old for crying out loud" I said while frowning. Its true thou, I wasn't a child anymore, I was a big business man. some people said it's because my dad was rich and I just inherited his properties but my dad isn't an easy man even thou they didn't know my real dad. you have to work hard for what u want and he won't give you anything unless you've worked and earned it.

"Come on, you know it doesn't matter, you're still my baby" she said sarcastically while giggling softly
I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to get some water, I was tired to the brink.

"So where is this famous chef you've been bragging about?"

"Well today is Sunday and it's her day off. i wish I didn't let her go on Sundays but I don't want to be selfish" mom said while pouting, I just chuckled and shook my head.
We chatted on my journey and some other random stuffs and I found out dad traveled to Kenya for a business trip and will be back in a week.

i later on went straight to my room, took a bath and went to visit my best friend Leo. he works as the CEO of one of his dad's modeling company here in Canada. we went to same college in AUSTRIA and he was one of the people who knew all about me. He moved back to Canada after graduation, I had to stay back to be trained to work at dad's company.

~~~~
"Hey man, happy to see you again, it's been like forever, I missed you" Leo said while giving me a bro hug.

"Come on bro, don't hug me like that, and what's with the cheesy words, do I look like a chic now?" I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes

"You haven't changed at all man, still a none emotional freak" he said with a grimace and we both burst out laughing.

"I missed u too buddy" I said while smirking.

"you haven't still explained to me the reason you stopped dating after Kayla, man I told you they are better girls out there"

"And I told you I haven't found any yet so just shrug it off man" I said with a scowl I hated this topic because it brought back painful memories.

"I know u hate this topic but man, not all girls are the same ,how long will u keep being alone? You'll soon need to get married man. It's true Kayla cheated on you on your birthday but not every girl will cheat on u man, it's been 3 years and you still won't shrug it off" Leo said while looking at me with soft eyes, he cared so much about me I know but I wasn't ready for his lecture now.

"Man why are we even talking about my relationship status right now? Or Kayla?" I asked while glaring at him and he gave me that look that said there was something more to this

" spill it out man ,don't play with me "I said while gawking at him.

"Ok man the thing is... I've been wanting to tell u ever since but I was scared of how you'll react" he said while staring at the floor, i just stood there glaring at him, waiting for him to continue talking.

"Well the thing is Kayla is in Canada and she's working in my company as a model now" he said while giving me look which clearly said "I am sorry ".

i stood there for a while reminiscing and thinking about what happened 3 years back. i was angry because I never wanted to see her pretty face again but I couldn't be mad at my friend ,work doesn't concern personal matters, so I braced myself and shrugged it off, it's true I wasn't ready to face her yet after what she did but still it wasn't my best friend's fault.

"it's fine man, it isn't your fault she is all hot and has the body of a model, it has always been her dream job so I get" I said with a reassuring look that made Leo feel less guilty.

"OH man thanks for understanding, it was even my dad who insisted she worked for us, you know I'll never betray you. i just wanted to let u know so u don't feel surprised when u see her anywhere around" Leo said while staring at me and I just nodded. i guess it was time to move on and stop being mad at her. i hope I would thou; but why did she move to Canada all of a sudden?
We sat in his leaving room watching a movie when he broke the silence;

"What about the girl u met at the airport man? i still can't believe u didn't get her number. you sure are a dimwit" Leo said while shaking his head in disappointment. I just rolled my eyes

"I told u I was late for my flight"

"Yeah I get man, hopefully u see her again one day, and next time make sure you get her number man"

"Yeah I sure will" I said with a wide grin on my face.