Chapter 1( Nightmare)

Aurora's POV
Flashback (14 years ago)

"Mom are we going to make cupcakes when we get home?" I asked from the backseat, we were on a high way driving home, mom was in the front seat and dad was driving.

"Yes my baby, we will your favorite of course" she said with a wide grin.

"Yipiiii, I can't wait mommy, I am already salivating" I said and then giggled mom turned to me and tickled me and I giggled louder, dad just chuckled and shook his head.

Five minutes later, it started raining and I fell asleep. it was still about 45 minutes drive before we got home and I was exhausted from playing all day with Shella my cousin. it was around 8 pm and places became really dark that was unusual; because there are always street lights here, so I just slept off. I woke up to mom screaming my name and I heard a loud bang and then everything went dark.
I later on opened my eyes and started crying, I don't know why I was crying but I was in pains. My head was bleeding and I could feel the taste of blood in my mouth, I realized I was upside down. I called out for my mom and dad but got no answer. i tried to unbuckle my seatbelt and I succeeded, I struggled to get out of the car and went to mom's side.

"Mommy... mommy wake up" I said while sobbing intensely, I didn't get any response and became more afraid, why wasn't she answering me?

"Dad... Dad... wake up please dad I am scared" I wept even more, I was in pains and my head was bleeding, I didn't get hurt anywhere else except my head. I then turned and saw another car, it was damaged too and I saw blood oozing from inside the car. I slowly walked there to ask for help or something, I saw a man in the front seat unconscious and a little boy around my age at the back seat, blood was dripping from his head too. I tried to wake him up but he didn't wake up, I unbuckled his seatbelt and pulled him out of the car after a lot of struggle. His face was covered with blood and I couldn't see him well, he had curly dark hair and white skin, he looked foreign. i don't know why but I dragged him farther away from the car. When I got tired, I just sat beside him crying really hard, my mom, dad, and the man in the other car weren't waking up and I was scared, my body grew weaker and I felt like I'll pass out... after a while, the car which the curly hair guy was in exploded and I passed out.

I later woke up in the hospital; my parents died, and for the curly hair guy, I never saw him again, they just told me his parents took him away and thanked me for saving him.

Present

I still have nightmares of that dreadful night, that bloody rainy night which took my parents' lives and I became terrified of rainy nights. I woke up from another night mare and felt weak and dreary. It wasn't a day to be sad, It was my graduation day, I was officially a chef, the youngest chef in my country. I shrugged all the sadness away, did my morning prayer and dragged myself to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready.

I still remember when I was 6 years old and decided to become a chef and open my own restaurant one day. My mom used to make good food and I was always so happy helping her out in the kitchen that it later on became my favorite place to be. I miss my mom very much.

Today, here I am receiving my certificate as one of the best chefs of our country. I am a Cameroonian and receiving a certificate like this meant I could cook every country's meal, almost all thou. I was an A listed student who loved what she was doing, it was my passion. Now I was recognized in my country as one of the best chefs .i could literally cook every single meal from my country for example eru, ndoleh, achu(taro) and many more, you just had to name it and I made it. I wish my mom was still here to see this, how her baby had grown and fulfilled her dream of becoming a chef, I really missed both my parents.

I could still see their bodies drenched in blood that night when we had that tragic accident that almost took my own life, but fortunately I survived even thou I wished sometimes I had died with my parents at list I wouldn't have gone through all these nightmares. Nevertheless I thank God for my aunt who took me in and took care of me like her own.