19. I'm living, darlin'.

"Why are you so grumpy today?" Eliza asked. She'd been asking Abraham to to put a CD or some music on for the past half an hour, but he just kept on refusing.

Abraham grumbled. "I ain't grumpy. I just don't wanna listen to your god awful singing voice."

Eliza's mouth fell open. "Excuse me?" Sasha started to laugh at the pair arguing over something so small. Moments like these reminded them all of the old world, when arguing over small things wasn't so small. Sasha's face suddenly fell serious.

Abraham shook his head and looked to Sasha who was driving. "You good?"

"Yeah," Sasha breathed out, nodding. She kept her eyes on the road ahead, not really looking too confident in her answer. "I'm trying," she said after a moment.

"Listen, if you're still looking to go buck wild with the breath impaired-"

"You already asked the question and I already answered it," Sasha snapped back.

"Oooh," Eliza taunted from the backseat. "She told you."

Abraham looked at the girl in the rear view mirror. "Shut the hell up," he said jokingly, then noticed that she was lay down over the back seats, her seatbelt unbuckled. "Sit your ass up and buckle up."

"Jesus, fine," Eliza sighed as she positioned herself properly in the seat and clipped the buckle in.

Sasha shook her head and glanced at Abraham. "If you were so worried, why the hell did you get into the car with me?" Abraham didn't say anything, he just looked out of his window and Eliza widened her eyes as she looked between the two, sensing some sort of awkwardness.

Sasha sighed. "Listen, doing something as big as this, that's living," she drove for a moment more before they all looked at the red balloons up ahead, marking where they stop the car to radio Daryl. "There it is."

Eliza spoke down the radio that she had in the backseat. "We're at red at the bottom of the hill."

"All right," Daryl grumbled back to her, his voice muffled by the distance between the radios, "here comes the parade."

Sasha nodded to Eliza and then put her foot down on the pedal again, slowly turning around the corner. They saw Daryl, who slowed down his bike a little bit to allow them in front.

"Holy shit," Eliza swore as she saw the hundreds of walkers that were following after them and Daryl. It was covering the entire road, stretching back for at least a kilometre, if not more.

Eliza's mind was going back. Back to when she saw her dad on that bridge through all of those walkers, she still spotted him. She was stupid enough to walk up to him and get herself bit. A fourteen year old girl should know better, but not Eliza Evans.

What is wrong with me?

🦋

"Kick the back of my seat one more time Eliza, I'll rip your size five converse to shreds. Don't think I won't, girl," Abraham warned. Eliza had been kicking his seat for the past couple of minutes. She was trying to make him laugh or something, clearly, she wasn't doing great at it.

Eliza slowly stopped kicking his chair. "Jesus Christ, Abe. Lighten up."

Abraham looked out of his window. "Shit," he mumbled, rubbing his chin.

Sasha kept her eyes on the road ahead while Eliza turned to see what Abraham was looking at. "What is it?" Sasha asked.

"We got some looky-loos taking a little constitutional off the shoulder...they're starting a damn walk out," Abraham explained, still looking out of the window.

"Should we have Daryl circle back?" Eliza asked.

"No," Abraham replied. "Keep moving. I'll catch up," he said, getting out of the still moving car.

"Abraham!" Eliza and Sasha both yelled, but he was already out with his gun up.

Eliza turned around, looking at Abraham as he slowly got further away as the car kept on moving.

"Idiot," Sasha grumbled.

Eliza watched Abraham run after the walkers grabbing a piece of foil and waving it around so that the walkers would follow him back up to the road.

"This is my ride!" He yelled to the walkers before running back to the car. He got back in and started chuckling like he always did after doing something stupid.

"You've got walker blood all over you," Eliza mumbled. She hoped that it was walker blood and not his.

Abraham started chuckling even more and looked at himself in the rear view mirror. "Dann. Look at me," he looked at Sasha. "You didn't see Reg the night he got it. That was a mess...and Pete. His face just...blowing up like Pompeii right when we were cheek to cheek. I still think I got some of his brains in my ear," he adjusted the mirror as Sasha shook her head and looked at all of the walkers now in line. "Well, look at that. All right. Everything is aces again."

"What the hell are you doing?" Eliza asked, completely serious.

Abraham shrugged. "I'm just grabbing the bull by the nutsack. I'm living, darlin', just like you."

Eliza shook her head and looked down at her lap, thinking about why the hell Abraham had to use phrases like that. She fiddled with the badge that she had put on her jacket. It was one that she had kept from before the dead started walking, it had her old soccer teams name on it.

🦋

Suddenly, there was a horn beeping Eliza turned around, seeing the walkers start to diverge. "Oh, shit," she said.

"Rick!" Daryl yelled down his radio. "What's goin' on back there?"

"Half of them broke off. They're going toward Alexandria."

"Towards you?" Abraham took the radio from Eliza in the back and spoke down it.

"We ran ahead. There's a horn or something loud, coming from the east. It's not stopping."

"I'm gonna gas it up, turn back," Daryl yelled.

"We have it. You keep going."

Eliza bit down on her lip, thinking about Rosita, Enid, Maggie. Everyone back at Alexandria, completely unaware that hundreds of walkers were headed straight for them.

"They're gonna need our help," Daryl continued to argue down the radio.

"Gotta keep the herd moving."

Daryl raised his voice. "Not if it's goin' down, we don't."

"The rest of that herd turns around, the bad back there gets worse...Daryl?"

Daryl paused for a moment. "Yeah, I heard ya."

🦋🦋🦋

this group is so funny I love them already

please leave a vote and a comment of what you thought of this chapter! it gives me motivation and I always appreciate it! thank you! <3

sorry that my updates haven't been frequent lately, there should be a chapter of forevermore out today :)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 9K READS!!! <3