•Chapter 14•

The Russian Family

The Russian Family

Italic: Past/Highlighted mention
Normal: Present
Warning: Swearing

It has been a few hours ever since we left to visit the Russians. It was quite the long journey. Now, we have stepped foot on the soft, crunchy snow.

As expected, it wasn't as cold as Dragonspine. Although.. America is being rather dramatic. He used all the scarfs he packed for me instead of saving me some. But the scarfs would be useless anyway.

We were now on our way to where the Russian family would be living. The freezing temperature was something I could definitely bare. America on the other hand, was still freezing even with the total of scarfs he wore.

"Brr... How are you able to bare this cold weather with just.. That?" He gestured to my clothes with his hand. I rolled my eyes, it was a common question, but I think it's useless.

"I've experienced much worse." I fixed my jacket slightly, so my vision isn't visible. America just looked at me with an expression saying 'are you serious' as he continued to suffer from the freezing temperature.

I felt like laughing at him. He's a man, don't they have stronger endurance in cold climates than women? Plus, he's a whole damn country that possesses a human body.

My thoughts were intterupted when America came into a halt, which caused me to do the same. I looked forward, and saw a cottage which was bigger than an average cottage size.

A thought came into mind. Every countryhuman I've visited.. They all live and own a mansion. But the russian occupants seem to stand out in the crowd.

America walked up to the door steps and knocked. Moments later, the knock was then answered by the door creacking open. Behind it, was a figure of a towering man with a hat on. The Russian flag is imprinted on his face.

He looked down at America with an exasperated expression. America smirked and fixed his sunglasses. "Sup Russia. I came to drop off the human I told you about." He said.

Russia's gaze then travelled towards me, before going back to America with a nod. "I see, thank you Ame." His eyes went back to me as America stepped away so there was room for Russia to exit the cottage.

He then walked over to me, his posture was calm, yet guarded. He came to a halt in front of me and extended a hand for me. "Привет, I am the Russian Federation, but just address me as Russia or Rus." He said.

I glanced at his extended hand, before taking it and shook it. We both withdrew our hands and just stared at each other awkwardly. His grip on the handshake was quite firm, which was understandable as his hand was bigger than mine.