Author's Note

i'm unsure if i'll publish this story so if i do... hey!. if not... y i k e s.

anyways, i just wanted to clarify some things, starting off with the obvious, my OC, Adeline Diericht, i want to give you some information and backstory on her, since i don't really plan on explaining much of how she got to know eren and everyone prior to this story taking place!

Adeline Diericht: she's 24 years old, stands at 5'7 (~170cm) , she has dark brown, almost black, hair, in a middle part that falls just to her shoulder blades, with honey brown eyes and olive skin. she served in the Scout Regiment during The Rumbling, however she didn't fight against Eren, instead she took position with Historia to keep her protected, not from Eren in particular, but just from anyone in general while the others ran off to stop Eren and the Yeagerists. not that she disagreed with him anyway. she, to a degree, supported Eren. she didn't agree with Zeke's euthanasia plan and from the looks of it, the world seemed to be at non-stop war with not only each other but with Paradis, and Paradis didn't even know about it. as far as everyone was concerned, everyone on the island of Paradis were the only people left on the planet. to her, Eren's plan to trample the world made sense. it was everyone on her home island against the entire world who had much more advanced equipment. but she would never tell anyone that, especially because everyone else disagreed with him and anyone who did were just about all dead. Adeline was previously with the Garrison Regiment. she joined the Scouts shortly after the capture of Annie Leonhart. having lost so many scouts, and wanting to seek justice herself, Adeline was determined to help anyway she could. she quickly rekindled with the other 104 cadets, she hadn't spoken to them in so long. she particularly grew very close to Eren, both had been pretty stubborn people, though Adeline was admittedly more gentle than Eren had been, but stubborn nonetheless. the two of them were like twin flames, always having similar ideas, same energy and eagerness, but again, Adeline was still more level headed and thought a second more than Eren before reacting. this one aspect allowed her to easily get along with Mikasa and Armin as well. the iconic trio quickly became a quad.

hopefully that's enough of a backstory on Adeline to start. also i changed her name to Adeline when i started chapter 6 so if you see the name Astrid at any point from 1 - 5... no you didn't. <3 NEXT, pov's... i am incredibly indecisive, so while it may say "Eren's POV" or whoever, it's most likely going to be written in a narrative aspect, the POV is just placed to allow focus on that character, really.

LASTLY!!! anything written in italics is a thought, it's in their head. referring back to the POV thing, it's to indicate that this is the character we're following and will be seeing into their head, once the italics are gone it's back to narrator POV. ok ok, that's all! enjoy!!! <3

update: ALSO please let me know what you think. um i didnt proof read chapters 9 and 10 and last half of 8 sooooo... sorry about any mess ups and such within those but i dont want to go back and touch up because i already published this at the time of me writing this... so.. yeah. ANYWAYS please tell me what you think! i need opinions or i'll cry <3