Chapter 11

You walk to your room, feeling overwhelmed and confused. "Hey gorgeous," Theo says, standing in front of your door. 

"Hey Theo," You smile at him slightly. 

"Is something wrong?" He asks and raises his eyebrow. 

"I..." You say, trying to find the words, "I think you should come inside. I need to tell you something." He nods and follows you inside your room. 

You pace around the room as he sits down, waiting for you to start talking. "I like you, Theo," You start off before sighing. 

"I sense a 'but' coming," He says. 

"I'm in love with someone else," You blurt out. 

"You're in love with Lorenzo," He states. 

"How did you..." You ask shocked. 

"Because while you've been paying attention to him, I've been paying attention to you. You've been in love with him for as long as I can remember, but when I thought I had a shot, I had to take it," Theo grins at you. 

"I'm sorry, Theo," You say and look down at your shoes.

"Hey," He says and lifts your head up by your chin, "You don't need to be sorry. I just want you to be happy and if he makes you happy then I'm happy for you." 

You pull him in for a hug. "Thank you for understanding," You say and kiss his cheek, "And for everything else. Friends?" He nods and kisses your cheek before leaving the room.

There's a knock at your door and you think Theo's forgotten something. "Come in," You call out and the door swings open. Enzo walks into the room and closes the door behind him. 

"I know I said you didn't have to say anything back, but I am going crazy and I need you to say something back. I don't know how you feel about me anymore, I mean, do you even feel anything for me? Because I would take you hating me over not feeling anything for me," He rants, "Just please say something, Y/N."

"I love you too," You say to him. 

"You do?" He looks at you in shock. 

You giggle and say, "I do." 

"Thank God," He says in relief before walking over to you, cupping your face and kissing you passionately. You step back and fall onto the bed, never breaking the kiss. You roll over so you're on top and you keep kissing him. He rolls you over so he's on top. He pins your hands above your head and breaks the kiss. You're both breathless. 

"Can I just hold you tonight?" He asks you, gazing into your eyes. You nod eagerly. 

You make yourselves comfortable on the bed and he holds you like he's afraid of letting go. You feel yourself drift off to sleep peacefully. The safest you've ever felt is right here in his arms.

You wake up still curled up in Enzo's arms. 'He looks beautiful when he sleeps,' You think to yourself. 

"You're staring," He says without opening his eyes. 

"I'm gazing," You retort back. 

"It's creepy," He responds and a huge smile graces his features. 

"It's romantic," You roll your eyes playfully. He opens his eyes and looks down at you. 

"I love you," He says while caressing your cheek with his thumb. 

"I love you too," You say before placing a soft kiss on his lips. 

"I will never get tired of hearing that," He says as he pulls away slowly. You rest your head on his shoulder and bury yourself further into him.

"I'm going to tell him everything when he gets back tomorrow. Do you want to be there?" He asks you. 

"I think it would be better if I'm there. I think it would be safer if I'm there," You giggle. 

"Yeah, maybe I won't get my ass kicked," He laughs nervously before he becomes serious, "But if I am going to get my ass kicked, I can't think of a better reason than you." You squeeze his hand in comfort. 

"You know it hurt a lot thinking that I wasn't worth the risk to you," You admit and look away from him. 

"I am truly sorry that I ever let you feel that way," He says and kisses the top of your head, "You are worth everything to me. I was terrified of losing my best friend, but being without you was agony. It was like losing a part of myself and I never want to do it again."

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. He keeps talking, "I know we weren't together romantically for very long, but I've known you for most of my life and I've cared about you for just as long. It was easy to fall in love with you, once I just stopped holding back." You smile up at him. 

"I'm really glad you stopped holding back," You say and kiss him softly. 

He breaks the kiss and mutters under his breath, "Shit." 

"What?" You look at him curiously. 

"I forgot about Theo... I mean are you guys still..." He trails off unsurely. 

"We're friends. He took it pretty well. He kind of already knew I was in love with you," You say while drawing circles on his chest with your fingers. 

"I promise I won't be a jealous prick anymore," Enzo says. 

"Well you can get a little jealous, it's totally sexy. Maybe just leave my actual friends out of it and get jealous over the random guys that hit on me," You suggest and wiggle your eyebrows. He flips you both over so he's on top of you. 

"Deal," He agrees and nibbles on your earlobe. You giggle. He buries his head in the crook of your neck and kisses softly. 

"I know we haven't told Mattheo yet, but can I maybe take you out on that date tonight?" Enzo gives you his puppy dog eyes.

 "Definitely!" You respond eagerly before making a suggestion, "But maybe we could do it here so nothing goes wrong?" 

"Of course, princess," He agrees.