CHAPTER - 3

I wailed as I gripped my shirt. Suddenly I heard the sound of a door opening. I turned to see, it was another experiment. He had dark brown hair that fell all over his face. I squinted my eyes to see what his experiment number was. My eyes slowly widened as my lips parted.

"Experiment 39." I softly whispered to myself.

He quietly walked in and shut the door slowly and he sat down beside me.

"You're Experiment 39.." I said.

"Oh, so you know about me already?" He said. "What's your name?"

"Experiment 198." I flatly stated as I curled my arms around my knees.

"No, no, not like that, I mean what's your actual name, not some number these people gave you."

"Oh, I don't remember my name."

"Well then can I give you one?" He asked as he leaned closer towards me.

I simply nodded yes.

"How does Sam sound to you?" He asked with a soft smile on his face.

"Huh, doesn't sound half bad, what should I call you then?"

"You can call me Colby." He said as his smile grew bigger.

"Huh, alright then, Colby. Why are you even here? Everyone told me that you don't talk to anyone."

"I picked the lock, I don't know, I just saw my own reflection in you, you reminded me of how I acted when I first got here, so I decided to go and talk to you." He said as his eyes trailed off to the side and his smile slowly faded.

"Sam, do you trust me?" He asked as he placed his hand on my arm.

"I mean, I don't, we just met. You don't talk to any other people either so I'm not really sure if I do."

"Please, just trust me on this. Tomorrow, when they conduct their first test on you, after the test they'll take you to another room, in the West Wing, you'll be escorted there by a scientist and they'll ask you to take a pill and Sam, no matter what you do, do not take the pill."

"What-what happens if I take the pill?" I stuttered.

"I can't tell you that right now, but all you have to know is that everyone else here has taken the pill, I'm not fully sure what the pill does but I know that it has something to do with everyone randomly getting seizures, passing out and all that stuff. Do not take the pill."

"What will they do to me if I don't take it?"

"Don't worry, I'll figure out something to distract them long enough."

"Even if you do distract them, when they come back, they'll realise that I didn't take the pill."

He sighed as he spoke, "I know, which is why I'll take it for you."

"You'd really do that for me? Even though you know it does something to us?" I asked as a soft smile grew on my face.

"Of course I would, I mean you do remind me of myself. Why wouldn't I help you?" He said as he brought his hand to face and wiped a tear off of it.

His eyes suddenly trailed off to the side as his smile faded away, "I have to go now, before they realise I'm not in my room anymore." He said as he immediately got out of my room.

I heard the door shut as I slowly rested my head on the wall. Suddenly I felt a drop of water run down my face. I sighed as I dropped my face into my palms as I finally let out every emotion I felt at that moment. I cried out as I got down on my knees and held my hands together, I was alone, again. For what felt like hours I cried and shouted until my throat went dry. Eventually, my dried up eyes slowly shut as I fell asleep.