CHAPTER - 7

Colby's POV:

"GOD WHY DID I FUCKING MESS THIS UP." I cursed, hoping that maybe Sam would hear and come back, he probably did but chose not to anyways.

I kept shouting curses to the walls as tears swelled up in my eyes. Eventually I gave in. I dropped to the ground as I choked on a sob. My breath became heavier and shook with each word I tried to speak but my body wouldn't let me say anything. The feeling of crying felt so distant to me now, I don't even remember the last time I did cry. I curled myself into a ball and simply sat in the corner. I don't know for how many hours I simply rotted and cried in that corner but it was long enough to make my throat go dry. All I need is Sam, no one else, nothing else.

As a thousand thoughts raced through my head, I remembered Sam's plan.

"He's gonna get himself killed!" I shouted to myself as my eyes widened.

I have to help him go through with this, even if he doesn't want me to help anymore, even if he doesn't like it, I can't lose Sam. I quickly picked myself up and ran to my cell. I need to think of a plan to save him. My hands shook as I opened the door to my cell. I shut the door as I threw myself onto the bed. There's no other way to help him, other than of course, distracting the scientists so they don't know what Sam's doing. I felt tears swell up in my eyes again.

"I DON'T WANNA FUCKING KILL MORE PEOPLE GODDAMN IT." I cursed to myself as I got up and threw the bed-side table to the other side of the room.

"But I'll do it all for you Sam.."

Sam's POV:

It almost felt like it hurt to breathe. My chest heaved and my breath shook- I didn't want to hurt Colby like that but I don't wanna get hurt either. God, am I even making the right decision right now? I walked away, back to the cafeteria, where Valentia waved to me again. I figured I might as well sit with them this time. I walked up towards them and sat myself down on one of the seats, next to Nate and Seth, Valentia was on the other side of the table.

"What was that all about?" Seth asked with a light chuckle,

"Wh-what? You hear what we talked about?"

"Huh? No, I just heard some muffled shouting, I assumed you guys got in an argument or something like that. Why? Was there something you didn't want us to know about?"

"Oh.. No it's nothing like that, it's just.." I spoke but I couldn't think of any excuse, "You know what, forget it."

I managed to catch a glimpse of Valentia from the corner of my eye, she didn't have the most happy expression on her face.

They continued to eat quietly, I just sat there, I wasn't in the mood to eat. Valentia was awfully quiet today, normally she would question me about Colby- she hasn't said anything to me today. Huh, odd. After a while they were all done and started to leave, we were the last people in the cafeteria.

"Sam? You coming?" Nate asked with care in his voice,

"Oh.. Uh I'll join you guys in a bit, I'll take a while longer to finish eating,"

I heard Valentia quietly hum as she left the room with the rest.

"Oh, alright then, see you later Sam." Nate said as he waved bye to me.

I was all alone in the cafeteria now. But I just couldn't push off the feeling that I was being watched. The feeling followed me almost everywhere, except for in my cell at least. It's almost like everywhere I go, a pair of eyes follow. The feeling had been lingering around for days now, I just tried to push away until it went away I guess. But there's no one here. Who could even be watching me? I looked around the cafeteria once again, no one I could see at least. All the guards left as well, it's just a matter of time until someone notices me still here and drags me back to my cell. I looked around a while longer but I still saw no one.

After a while I just decided to get up and go back to my room. That strange feeling still didn't wear out though. I walked to my room and shut the door. I simply slid down the wall and sat on the floor. Now it's just a matter of time until I get an opportunity to sneak out of here. I shut my eyes and threw my head back on the wall. Thoughts ran through my head. Would I get caught? Will I even find what I'm looking for if I do this? I sat there for hours until I finally heard the sound of guards coming out and lights turning off. It's time..

( 851 words !! Kinda short chapter sorryy but I can guarantee that the next chapter is gonna be much longer. Tysm for reading and pls vote, it means a lot to me <33 )