Rainy day part 2

Pov Roseanne Park

Pov Roseanne Park

While Lisa was in the bathroom I was trying to get in touch with Jisoo, my internet was fluctuating from one point to zero and when the number finally dialed I couldn't sleep talking.

- Hi Rosie, what happened? It's already eight in the evening.

- Lisa got lost on the way Jisoo, we didn't even make it to the audition, we're here in a hotel waiting for the rain to clear.

- Hmm hotel. - I rolled my eyes when I heard my best friend speak.

- No jokes now, I need you to do me a big favor, the network is terrible coming and going, can you talk to Lia and let her know that I might not make it home today?

- Are you going to sleep with Lisa? - Jisoo didn't speak as quietly as he could and I was startled to realize that Lisa had already left the bathroom.

- Yes, thank you very much Jisoo, don't worry, everything's fine. - I said pretending that was the conversation we were having.

- She's here, right? Don't worry, I'll tell your parents and Lia, good night.

- Thank you. - was the last thing I said and then I hung up the phone.

- Did you get through to her? - Lisa asked, still drying some of her hair on the towel she'd laid out in the bathroom.

- Yes, everything's fine, did you manage to get in touch with anyone?

- I managed to speak to my friend Jennie, she has all the contact details for the record company, I'll probably only be able to get back there tomorrow.

- Do you think the rain will let up today? - I asked, biting my lower lip. Lisa stared at my gesture and then turned her attention to my eyes.

- Actually, to be honest, I don't think so, we can wait until 10.

- I don't think it's safe for us to go back at night, you don't know much around here.

- I'm feeling a bit guilty for putting you through this. - she said without humor.

- Don't worry about it Lisa, it was a storm and I think even if we'd made it to the hearing we'd have been stuck there.

- I promise that tomorrow, as soon as the sun goes down, I'll take you back to your place and you can have the day off for two if you prefer.

- One day is good enough for me, don't feel guilty, okay? - she just nodded. - Now I'm going to dry off a bit because I'm getting the whole sofa wet. - I said, getting up and going to the only bathroom there was.

When I looked in the mirror, I was startled: my hair was simply unrecognizable, the strands were all tangled and there were lots of messy strands.
I looked into the shower stall and looked at the mirror again. It was inevitable that I would have to take a shower, but I couldn't understand how nervous I was every time she approached me. Lisa was a suffocating presence at times, especially when she was close, too close to smell her scent and look at her perfectly drawn face.