Contract

Pov Lalisa Manoban

Pov Lalisa Manoban

- There's no way I can take part in a video call?  - I insisted again.

- I'm sorry Lisa, it's impossible. We'll have three very important face-to-face meetings to introduce your new partner.

- I'm still not sure I want a partner, you know that Brandon. - I said impatiently as I tapped my pen on the table.

- Lisa, we've talked about this many times, having someone from a different background, especially dance, would make a big difference to your label, in fact having a totally exclusive professional studio at our disposal is a big difference. - I sighed heavily, thinking about that last-minute trip, everything I didn't want at that moment.

- When would the trip be? - I asked, getting up and walking over to the large window, where ordinary people were hurrying around outside.

- Tomorrow at 9:30, we've hired a private jet and I don't want you to get tired.

- All right, all right.  - I said, massaging my temples. - Send the information to Myia.

- She's coming with you, we miss her around here.

- No, she'll stay here in my place, in fact I'll take someone else. - If I were in a cartoon you'd see a light bulb going on in my head.

- So that's all right, I'll see you soon.  - I hung up my cell phone and walked over to my desk.

Two days had passed since I kissed Rose in my meeting room, after which I had left her in Myia's care and I didn't feel comfortable getting close to her, in fact I just felt like a big irresponsible idiot. I had broken about five ethical oaths by doing that to her, I didn't know what I was feeling right now but I missed her presence.

I wondered if it would be a good idea to invite her on the trip, make her meet the new artist and introduce her to his routine, make her open up and confess what a talent he was? or was it just another lame excuse for me to get close to her again.

Jennie didn't see my kiss with her the same way I did, she saw me liking someone for the first time.

Now that I knew why Rose had given up music, it made me want to help her even more, there was nothing I wouldn't pay to make her a successful artist, and at that moment I felt the urge to find out how she was feeling, had she felt invaded?, would she have contacted Jisoo about what had happened?, how did she see the situation?, what were the chances of her being honest with me as her boss.

I stared at the phone in my hands, thinking that a 30-second call would bring her back to my office, would it be safe to be alone with her again?

- Hi Myia, good afternoon.

- Good afternoon Lisa, what can I do for you?.

- Can you bring Rose here? I want to talk to her.

- Sure, we'll be there in a minute.