Chapter 11: Fun Memories

Above picture is not mine
Shadow POV

I awoke with Winger by my side. I smiled. I heard the quiet snores of my entire family echoing throughout the entire cave. I exhaled. "Probably should go get some fish." I suggested.

My family did not stir. I stretched, and yawned. Winger turned over, facing me. I got up. "I love you, Wing." I said, licking his forehead, then looking at Aurora. Every time I look at her, I think of my mom.

My mother was kind. In fact, she acted a lot like Winger did. She was an amazing leader, kind to everyone in the clan and generous as well. My father was the tough one, he taught me most of my combat moves I use in battles. The others are thanks to the other Night Furies in our clan.

Back then, it was different. Nightstar wasn't a maniacal, sister-torturing, sister-kidnapping dragon. He was a kind brother. I wonder what caused him to be evil. Moonshine was very shy, like she is now. She was calm, and patient, and kind like our mother. Twilight was playful, and fun. She was mostly my favorite sibling way back when. Comet was tough, and determined. She inherited most of her personality from dad.

Focus, Shads, I commanded myself. You need to bring back fish. You can't focus all of your time and energy talking about your family.

The sound of water running interrupted my thoughts. I saw a stream and approached it. There were a ton of fish in there. Perfect! I thought to myself.

I let out a low growl as I approached my target. The fish paused for a little bit and approached me. It got in my mouth and I closed it immediately, killing it in the process. I sighed.

SNAP!

I flinched and scanned my surroundings. Then, I saw the blue dragon that I love so much. "Hey, Wing," I said smiling. "Hey Shads." He greeted back, sitting beside me. "How do you think Eclipse is?" I wondered. "Knowing her; she probably wrestled a lot of titans, but got a way out." Winger answered.

"It's funny, y'know? Before you met me, I was a wild dragon who would kill on sight. But when I met you guys my life changed for the better. I met Kira, I met Twilight, Comet, and Moonshine again, and even got Nightstar back to his normal self." I recalled. Winger chuckled.

"Yeah. You were VERY on edge back then. I couldn't even to get you to relax in your sleep." Winger replied. I blushed in embarrassment. "Remember that time I had a nightmare, and you comforted me?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. That was the start of my feelings toward you." Winger confirmed. I smiled. "Yeah..." I agreed. Winger smiled at me. Soon, there were no sounds but us breathing and the terrible terrors singing.

"Hey Wing," I said. Winger was alerted. "Hm?" He asked. "I love you." I answered. Winger smiled. "I love you too, Shady." Winger rested his head under my chest.

And so, we relaxed. Just the two of us.

IM ALIVE!!! I hope you're having a good 2024 so far, guys. See you later in chapter 12!!