Chapter 15: Family Moments

I'm alive!

Man, it's been so long since I touched this book...but now I can update it! Yay!

Anyway, onwards with the chapter since I know that's why you're really here~!

~~~~~

Soon after Eclipse and her friends left for the Edge, Obsidian and Aurora settled into Huttsgalor. Sure, it took a while for them to adjust to life in a human village and the idea that all their kids have at least one human rider, but they made it work.

Right now Shadow, Winger, the two Auroras and Obsidian were hanging out together by the ocean. "I still can't believe you named this cutie after me." repeated Aurora. "I know Mom, you've said that a billion times..." groaned Shadow, hitting Winger on his saddle with his tail when the Swift Wing laughed at him.

"Not funny, you blue jerk." He hissed, smirking playfully. "Heheh, yes it is~" teased Winger, prompting the Night Fury to roll his eyes and look the other way. Aurora giggled at this sight, and Obsidian laid down beside her.

"Shadow, I still wonder why you're dating a Swift Wing out of all dragons?" asked Obsidian and Aurora nudged his wing. "Obsidian, don't question it! This is good because Swift Wings are the fastest dragons in the world-" started Aurora, before Summer blasted water at her in displeasure.

"Sorry, in the air." corrected Aurora. "Thank you." said Summer before returning back to what she was doing. "Fast fins, am I right?" asked Winger before Summer blasted him with water. Winger glared at her and she glared back with a sassy look.

Shadow and Obsidian chuckled at their companions' faces. "Shut up!" Both Aurora and Winger said in unison. It was quiet for a while, before Aurora decided to ask a question. "How did you two meet each other?" wondered Aurora.

"Well, it all started once me and the Rescue Riders kept on getting alerts that a Night Fury was attacking Huttsgalor. We found Shadow's cave, and we thought he was a female at first but we soon figured out he was a male." explained Winger.

"Yeah, you jerk. Anyway, I told them that it was actually Nightstar that was attacking their village and they invited me to live with them. I befriended Kira and I've been with them ever since." agreed Shadow, concluding the story.

"Yeah, but... how did Nightstar become like that? I've always wondered." wondered Winger. "Yeah, me too." agreed Shadow. Obsidian and Aurora's face quickly saddened once they mentioned Nightstar. "We know." sighed Obsidian.

"Shadow, we... mistreated your brother. We always made him do the dirty work for us and favored you and your sisters over him. We suspect he led the hunters to us as an act of rebellion." explained Aurora, sighing guiltily.

"We don't know whether or not he forgave us already. Judging by the fact that he's avoided us all he can we assume he hasn't." assumed Obsidian. Shadow and Winger look at each other curiously, wondering why in the world they would abuse someone.

"Moonshine, Comet, and Twilight joined in as well... that's why Nightstar imprisoned them." concluded Aurora. "Why?" asked Shadow curiously.

"Well, we were scared of your brother because we heard a prophecy by Odin himself that he could turn evil." sighed Obsidian. "And he was right."

"I'm sure you guys can work it out. Anyway, why don't we go find some fish huh? Hopefully Elbone didn't get himself in trouble again trying to find another job..." assured Winger, standing up and stretching his wings.

"Yeah, let's hope." agreed Shadow as the four dragons took off to find fish.

~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

MAN, we found out a LOT more about Nightstar, don't you think? Well, see you later in the next one! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😄😄😄