Say Something

ERIK'S POV:
I sat in a chair grasping Amiele's hand in mine, running my finger over he back in small patterns.
I hadn't moved from my vigil at her bed, I hadn't eaten, slept, and I rarely used the bathroom, not that I needed to.
I prayed for her life everyday, and cried every time I looked up at her face and her eyes wouldn't open.
I checked constantly.
Cat and Jordan returned from their trip as soon as they heard of Amiele's eminent death. Cat stayed here for three days without sleep or food until Jordan eventually pried her from her spot and took her home.
But I wouldn't leave her side, never since I heard what the nurse had said when I first came into Amiele's room a week ago. 'We did all we can do for her, whether she lives or not is up to her.' The words rang continuously in my mind, her heartbeat was slow. She showed no proof of waking up soon or being alive, besides the steady raising and lowering of her chest.
She had been like this for a week now, except she wasn't in a coma, she was fighting for her life.
"Please Amiele, anything, anything to say you're alive." I whispered a single tear falling from my cheek. "I'm losing hope, and I need you. I need you so much, words can't explain how much I need you, without you what am I? I'm nothing at all. I never would've guessed that I would love someone as much as I love you, I never would have thought it. Your smile, that's contagious and makes me feel like I'm on heaven. And your emerald eyes, that hold all the emotion in the world. And you're voice, you're lovely singing voice that even angels envy. How could I survive without you? I'm losing hope Amiele, I need you, please come back to me. I love you." I whispered dryly, my throat felt like I swallowed sand from the constant crying and lack of everything. No response came, and I felt my hopes stoop lower.
"Say something I'm giving up on you,
I'll be the one of you want me to,
Anywhere I would have followed you,
Say something I'm giving up on you." I cried in desperation, bringing her hand to my lips and kissing it softly before continuing. Praying to the lord for a response to only be met with silence.
"And I'm feeling so small,
It was over my head,
I know nothing at all.
And I will stumble and fall,
I'm still learning to love,
Just starting to crawl.
Say something I'm giving up on you." I sang my voice cracking with pain of losing my love, why couldn't she just wake!? Just a sign.... Anything at all.
"I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you,
Anywhere I would've followed you,
Say something I'm giving up on you." Tears were freely flowing down my face, my sobs silent but affecting my hoarse voice.
"And I will swallow my pride,
You're the one that I love,
And I'm saying goodbye.
Say something I'm giving up on you,
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you,
And anywhere I would've followed you.
Say something I'm giving up on you,
Say something I'm giving up on you," i melodized quietly, begging, pleading that something, anything would happen. And I Iost all hope and buried my head into my hands.
"Say something....."
I sobbed quietly into my hands, she wouldn't come back. All my hope was drained, I couldn't bare this, not alone, not without my angel.
"I remember when you were giving me lessons one day I couldn't concentrate on singing because you had your hands on me. And you kept on getting frustrated and annoyed, it thought it was quite cute." A raspy voice stated quietly, obvious struggling to speak. My head whipped up and I met the emerald green eyes of Amiele. She smiled weakly at me, the same one she did before she closed her eyes and I thought I lost her.
I couldn't believe my eyes, my mouth dropped open and I gaped at her. "It can't be."
"Just kiss me already." She said annoyed, I didn't have to be told twice. I jumped up and connected my lips with hers, making sure to keep all my weight off of her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss. Then in one quick movement she yanked me onto the empty spit beside her. Her hands flew to my hair, tugging on the dark locks,
I moaned at the familiar feeling and felt her smirk into the kiss.
She wrapped her out leg around my waist and pulled me closer, positioning one of her hands on my lower back to keep my hips locked on hers.
My hands were loosely tied around her waist, not wanting to hurt her at all. We both pulled back gasping for air, and pressed our forehead together.
"This can't be real." I whispered breathily, my voice was slightly husky from what just transversed. I guarantee my eyes were darker than normal and I felt a wave of lust consume me.
She kissed me hard, her fingers trailing down to my pant line. "Oh it is." She murmured against my lips, I grabbed her hand and stopped it.
"I am not going to claim you on a hospital bed while you are hurt." I geeked against her lips as her hand struggled in mine.
"Why not?" She wined playfully.
"Because I don't imagine I will be able to play easy with these tricks of yours, and you need rest." I explained in a low hiss, trying to grab the reigns of my self control.
She huffed in annoyance, "fine then stay with me."
"I wasn't planning on ever leaving your side again."
"Good."
She positioned herself so she was on my lap, her head resting on my chest and my arms wrapped around her waist. She winced at the large amount of movement and I was beginning to question if our little reuniting session was the best idea.
I held her hand in mine, making small patterns on her plan with me index finger. Listening to her steady breathing, and heartbeat. Her eyes were closed in contentment, "will you open your eyes?" I asked softly wanting to stare into her deep green orbs.
Her eyes fluttered open and I met her gaze, her emerald eyes had flecks of blue and gold in them, and I couldn't help but stare in awe. "I missed those eyes." I mumbled into her hair as I placed a chaste kiss on the crown of her head.
"I missed all of you." She whispered leaning back onto my chest and talking deep steady breaths of my scent.
"As did I." I replied, allowing the happy contentless that flooded over me to seep through.
My angel came back to me.
I don't know what I did to deserve it, but dear lord, thank you. Thank you for bringing my angel home.