──● Author's Note + Warnings ●──

Hey y'all! Despite my bracket of, well, extreme inactivity, I'm back! With my return, I have brought a new story in my wake, my ONC '24 entry! Yayyyyy!

    For all you folks who are unfamiliar with this mystical, magical contest, the Open Novella Contest (or ONC for short) is where you attempt to write a novella (so, anywhere between 20k - 40k words) in 3 months. Here's the fun bit, your entry has to be based on one (or multiple, you do you) prompts that were picked by the official ONC page. If any of y'all are participating, drop your link in the comments! I'll be making a reading list to store all your lovely entries (and hopefully act as my little push to read more, lol!)

    With that being said, I bet y'all are itching to see the prompt (or, in my case, prompts) that brought this novella into light. Without further ado, in order of most prominent to least prominent, here they are:

   3. Your greatest fear is monsters in the dark. The last thing you expect is to become the monster in the dark.

   52. "And that is how the world was lost and a new one, our world, was born."

   95. "I will become as monstrous as I must."

   60. "Look what you made me do" - Taylor Swift

    Rot is rated mature for graphic violence, graphic death, gore, mutilation, abuse (emotional and mental) and course/violent language

    Rot is rated mature for graphic violence, graphic death, gore, mutilation, abuse (emotional and mental) and course/violent language. Rot is not intended for young audiences and has been rated accordingly, discretion is advised. 

  © 2024 C

  © 2024 C.A Eckel.

All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.

This is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real places are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places and events are a product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events, places or persons, living or dead, are purely coincidental.

If you are reading this novella on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk of a malware attack. To read the original, safe version, please go to @Fallxn_Freak on Wattpad and make sure to scan your device for viruses. Thank you!