──●Six●──

"Careful," Yarrow hissed.

    "I'm sorry dear," the medic apologized, "but it's going to sting regardless if I'm careful or not."

    Yarrow let out a sigh through clenched teeth as she wrapped his arms loosely with gauze, sealing in the aloe vera that was previously wiped on.

    She helped him off the bed and smiled. "You're all good to go, Yarrow. Just make sure to apply your salve a couple times a day, and keep your arms covered. Moist burns heal better."

    "Am I still able to hunt?"

    Upon her expression, I saw a wave of of disappointment flicker through his eyes. 

    "I'm afraid not," she started. "Your burns could become more severe if your find yourself in another pickle of a situation, or could become infected. Both aren't good."

    "How long does he have to rest for?" While Yarrow was unable to hunt, there was no way I'd consider hunting alone. I couldn't, and wouldn't, risk the situation that happened tonight.

    "Until he heals." She began to swoosh us out. "Now shoo, I have other patients to see."

    "Wait! Mara, tell her about what happened tonight."

    As she raised a brow in confusion, I attempted to gather myself.

    "Well, I had some sort of dream, or vision. I'm not sure."

    "Go on," the medic prodded.

    I shifted my weight, trying to even out my nerves. "It felt real. I recognized everything from the dream, but I don't recall how, or why. They seemed familiar."

    The medic gestured for me to sit on the bed as she pulled up a chair. She grabbed a clipboard and, grabbing the pen she had stuck into her neatly done up, coffee coloured hair, sat down. 

    "Tell me about the contents of the vision, dear. What were you doing?" Her voice was, surprisingly, soft and sympathetic. Nothing at all like how she previously was.

    "It wasn't me, I'm sure of it. I was in a body that wasn't my own. I watched as Walkers ate a human, and I couldn't help the fear and despair that welled up in me. It was overwhelming."

    "She was in a daze after she came out of the vision," Yarrow added. He placed his hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed it. It was a silent conversation between us, a quick 'I'm here for you'.

    As she scribbled down some notes, the medic's features creased with concern. "Honey, have you told any members of the Council about this?"

    "No ma'am." I started to twirl my ebony hair around my finger. Their orange tips were, odd enough, the same color as the girl in my dream.

    "Go and do that right now, deary. Then come back here, I'll prescribe you a tonic."

    "Is Mara going to be okay?" Yarrow's voice was full of unease and anxiety, which caused my own nerves to jump more than they already were.

    "I believe Mara had a vision of a memory from a past life, some Walkers have been showing similar signs to Mara's and that was their case. Alastor has files on all the Walkers, so he'll be able to help you figure those visions out in no time. The tonic I'll provide afterwards should help with suppressing the visions, so you don't get any more. It'll also help with making them less intense, if they do decided to continue popping up."

    I nodded my thanks to the nurse as Yarrow and I began our way to Al's office. In my mind, I prayed that this meeting would go smoothly. Hopefully, Alastor wouldn't be the stupid, controlling bastard that Yarrow and I knew him to be.

 Hopefully, Alastor wouldn't be the stupid, controlling bastard that Yarrow and I knew him to be