Special Interlude: Hello Again

Art generated by AI (Stable Diffusion)

{~~~~~~}

"Phew... This took a while... But it looks great to me!" I told Mythra as I dried my sweat using my shirt's sleeve.

"Eh... My only complaint is the color... And the tedious small pieces that always went missing when we needed them." She said as she waved her hands in front of her face to get some cool air brush her.

"Oh common, the color looks nice." I said reproaching.

And then, Mythra stared at me and crossed her arms.

"This light brown color doesn't match at all with the chairs we ordered this morning, Kev!" She complained.

"Remember? The chairs were dark brown-ish - like burnt wood.

I am bad at creating a decent color palette but I don't need to be an expert to tell these colors don't match at all." She added.

"... It is called contrast! Ehe...!" I said awkwardly as I showed a nervous smile.

Mythra simply rose her right eyebrow as her serious stare pierced through my eyes... And soul.

"..." I remained silent. Then I saw a smirk in her face. She knew full well that I didn't have anything left to justify my decision.

I sighed for a moment. Then I looked defeated at her.

"Okey, you win." I told her.

"Mhm, took you long enough to get over your denial phase, hehe." She said and then she giggled.

"It... It wasn't de-" I reproached but immediately I got silenced; Mythra put her right index finger on top of my mouth.

"Shhhh." She expressed as she slightly squinted her eyes.

"Don't fight it. Accept it!" She said out loud and then gave me a defiantly smug.

I sighed in defeat, again. I had to give her this one. I removed her finger form my mouth.

"Alright, you have this one, Mythra." I accepted the situation.

She happily turned around and then flicked her long hair, arranged in a ponytail fashion.

"As always. One more for Mythra!" She said, walking triumphantly towards a small stool.

She reached the small object and then she sat on top of it. She stretched her legs and her arms. After that, she let out a small yawn.

I put the tools on top of the new wooden table we just built. Then I went directly to a small container we had nearby, that had some ice cubes and some water bottles.

I kneeled and then I grabbed two. After that, I walked towards Mythra and finally I sat on the floor next to her; luckily, all the mess didn't reach this far, so I didn't have to worry about loose wood splinters, or something harmful of that nature.

I saw her white blouse bathed in sweat too, indicating she did a lot of physical effort. I didn't blame her, we took some hours to finish this table together and well, it was difficult and chaotic to assemble...

I opened her bottle of water and gave it to her afterwards. She immediately grabbed it without hesitation and began to drank. I did the same, however, I was so thirsty that in less than 10 seconds, the bottle was almost at one eight.

"Aaaah..." We both expressed in sync after drinking the fresh cold water.

"... But in all honesty. Do you like it?" I asked her.

The table had some pretty ornaments, and the finishing looked beautiful as well. The wood was also high quality, made from the best wood that could be found here in Gormott.