Chapter 6: Revelations and Stars

"Guardian... Of time?" Mythra asked.

Elizabeth nodded. I was puzzled by her statement. Then it hit me hard when I remembered that the unknown voice called me Guardian in my last dream.

Elizabeth then looked at me and then looked at the necklace.

"Kevin... Do you remember when you told me you dreamt of a blue stone, shaped like a diamond?" She asked.

"Uh... Yes, I-I-I do... Remember." I said nervously.

"The 2 pieces that stayed with you... Are actually these." She said and proceeded to show me the necklace and the hole of the rapier's grip.

"Wait... These are the same pieces I pictured in my dream!" I exclaimed as I inspected both artifacts.

"That piece of stone wasn't there when you showed me that weapon, Kevin." Mythra stated.

I didn't know how to answer.

"You didn't see it because I removed it long time ago and hid it in my room." Elizabeth replied.

I didn't believe what my eres were watching. These are the same pieces I envisioned in my dream.
I kept inspecting the necklace and the rapier.

"The object you dreamt of is actually your core crystal." She said.

"Core crystal!?" Pyra and Rex said in unison, also in disbelief.

"So you are a blade!?" Rex asked shocked.

"Oh no no no, I didn't mean it that way." Elizabeth replied.

"He is human. I have never felt any alteration of the ether surrounding him. If he was a blade, then I would have noticed right away." Mythra stated and crossed her arms.

"But I'm shocked as you guys. I have never felt the presence of that core crystal. I wasn't aware untill now." Mythra continued.

"It is because it is a forbidden blade. Forged by The Architect and given to Kevin." Elizabeth asked.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. This is too much information. I can barely digest the premonition thing." Rex complained.

"What is a forbidden blade?" Pyra and Mythra asked in unison.

Elizabeth couldn't give more details. She simply shook her head, leaving both girls unsatisfied.

"So you met the architect?" Pyra asked me. I couldn't answer her question so I simply shook my head and made a facial expression demonstrating confusion.

"How come do you know this and Kevin doesn't? And that still doesn't answer my other question. This doesn't feel right." Mythra questioned Elizabeth.

Elizabeth shook her head and remained calmed.

"Before Kevin lost his memory... Long before that, he told me that secret. Only me and my mom knew his nature - and now you guys know too." She said.

"So... These belong to me...?" I asked her.

"Yes. They belong to you. Both the pieces and the weapon. When you told me the incident where that weapon glowed for the first time, I knew that sooner or later you would know the truth. I felt this was the right time to tell you the truth." She replied and looked down to the floor.

"Then... Why didn't you tell me before...?" I asked her again.

She sighed.

"I was afraid that you would bring that question... Simply put, you told me a long time ago that you wanted to live a normal human life. A life without carrying the burden of watching over all of us and make sure everything was following the right path... Those are the words you told me." She said.