Chapter 20

The echoes of their mutual confessions lingered in the air as Yujin and Wonyoung navigated the newfound territory of their emotions. The room, once filled with anticipation, now held a warmth that only the acknowledgment of shared feelings could bring.

Yujin, realizing the significance of the moment, took a deep breath. "Wonyoung, there's something I need to admit. I might have been a bit possessive, and I want to apologize if it made you uncomfortable."

Wonyoung's eyes softened with understanding, a reassuring smile playing on her lips. "Yujin, it's okay. I've sensed it, but I also understand that it came from a place of caring. We're figuring this out together, right?"

Yujin nodded, a weight lifting off her shoulders. The honesty between them created a space where they could address not just the sweetness of newfound love but also the complexities that came with it.

As they basked in the warmth of their confessions, a playful twist unfolded. Yena and Yuri, once again forgetting something, burst into the room. Their eyes widened as they took in the intimate scene, exchanging amused glances.

"Ah, romance in the air!" Yena exclaimed, a mischievous grin on her face.

Yuri nudged her, whispering, "Give them some space, Yena."

Wonyoung chuckled, embarrassment tinting her cheeks. "We were just having a talk."

Yena wiggled her eyebrows playfully. "A talk, huh? Well, don't let us interrupt your talk. We'll just... find what we forgot and leave you two alone."

The door closed behind them, leaving Yujin and Wonyoung to resume their conversation. 

As they settled back into the conversation, Yujin's phone buzzed with a message. She furrowed her brows as she read the text, a shadow of concern crossing her face.

"What's wrong?" Wonyoung asked, sensing a shift in the atmosphere.

Yujin sighed, her eyes meeting Wonyoung's with sincerity. "It's work-related. There's an upcoming project, and I'll be busier than usual for the next few weeks."

Wonyoung nodded understandingly, though a flicker of disappointment crossed her eyes. "I get it, Yujin. We both have our commitments. We can make it work."

Yujin smiled appreciatively, grateful for Wonyoung's understanding. 

As Yujin delved into the details of the project, another layer of complexity emerged. Wonyoung, too, had commitments that demanded her time and attention. The realization that their schedules might not align perfectly added a tinge of bittersweet reality to their budding romance.

"We'll find a way to make it work, right?" Yujin reassured, reaching for Wonyoung's hand.

Wonyoung squeezed Yujin's hand, a determination in her eyes. "Absolutely. We'll navigate through this together."

And so, with confessions made, complications acknowledged, and a shared determination to overcome challenges.