10

Emmit was growing nervous. The cult was getting closer to figuring out where he was. He didn't have many options, so he would take to the world of fourth walls.

He walked over to the oak table. It was a nice table. On it sat Emmit's knife, mask, and some dead flowers in a vase. He had been meaning to replace the flowers.

He picked up his mask. He had added a few.. features to it. He had taken the technology from the glasses and implemented them into the mask. He had it so that he could quickly trigger going in and out of the world of fourth walls all while he kept his face- and more importantly, his identity- secret. Slipping on his mask, Emmit glanced over to his camera. It was old. Falling apart. The quality of video was rotten.. But perhaps he should film something. Spread awareness about the cult, gather more followers.

He couldn't be outright though. He had to add small details. He couldn't just tell his plan out for the world to see.

Codes. He would use codes. Scramble up words and hide them. But why not start off ominous? Make people question who he is. Cheer for the unknown hero.

He grabbed a paper and in jumbled letters wrote one simple sentence.. I will return. He made sure to jumble the words so that it couldn't be easily read. A bit edgy, but it works.

He set up the paper, set his mask back on the table, and began to film.

It was a short video. Short and simple, but it would add to his character. Make him interesting, mysterious.

He smiled and uploaded it. Now, back to business.

He needed to find Devin. Kill Devin before the cult found him. Grabbing his knife, he sat down and took a breath as he went to the world of the fourth walls.

No physical shape. It was such an odd feeling. Whatever the case, he had seen Devin before. He found them after he made a big mess of the fourth walls, so maybe that's what he had to do again.

He gathered up all his tools, and got to work.

—-------

Devin sat at their desk, exhausted. They wanted to get a bit of a break, so they decided to make up some tea. Chamomile loaded with sugar to be exact.

Sipping their tea, they shut their eyes and let out a breath. If the rumors were true, that person Devin saw the other day breaking all the fourth walls.. Stbt4w.. Was planning to try to kill them.. How annoying..

They groaned and sat up in their chair as a chime came from their phone, they checked it.

“Oh, you're kidding..?!”

Overtime. Devin had to work overtime.

From what the email said, Stbt4w was at it again. Walls were being destroyed left and right. It was incredibly frustrating and endlessly inconvenient. The last thing Devin wanted to do right now was deal with this.

Alas, work is work.

Devin knew that Stbt4w would probably be setting some sort of trap, Devin wanted to be safe. It would be better if they perhaps brought some stuff to throw them off if they tried to attack. Perhaps some pepper spray or dazzlers. Just stuff to throw them off, give Devin enough time to get away.

Devin gathered all the tools they needed and sat down at their desk. They took a breath before entering the fourth wall.

—-------

Emmit waited, he could feel the presence in the universe switch. Devin was here. His target was near.

He was beyond ready for this. Ready to kill. It had been so long. So, so long.

He looked across the endless plane, his eyes searching for any sign of movement. Any fraction of life. He was shaking with excitement. This was thrilling.

As time went on, Devin went through the world and fixed the fourth walls, unknowingly getting closer and closer to their potential demise

Devin went from a small speck in the horizon, to something more and more prevalent. Emmit prepared his knife as he watched Devin get even closer.

This was it!
Exactly what he wanted!
What he needed!
The power to destroy the cult.
The power to take back what was his!
The ability to be all powerful.
This was it.

Emmit would kill Devin. Emmit would take over the cult. Erase his past, erase who he once was and become a God. Be god to those below him. He will have everything he wants, power, Lacch, hell! Be able to kill whenever wherever he wants! All he has to do is kill Devin kill Cody. Take over!

Devin paused as they saw Emmit, or as they knew him, Stbt4w. They had only seen him one time before, but it was obvious who he was. You don't forget a face in the fourth walls.

Emmit raised his blade and ran towards Devin.

How utterly annoying.

Devin quickly took out the pepper spray and moved to the side before spraying it in Emmit's face.

Emmit groaned and moved back.

Devin didn't want to waste their time on this, and Tezz didn't want to write a fight scene (not yet at least)

Devin threw the dazzler down and a spark of light erupted. Devin quickly made their way out. They went around the walls, fixing them as fast as possible, before leaving. They would finish the cleanup when Stbt4w left.

Devin sighed and removed the glasses. They glanced around their room and shook their head. This truly was frustrating.

—------

Emmit groaned and let out a angered yell as the blast of light faded away. Devin was gone!

He glanced around once more. Devin had gotten away.

“God- FUCKING- damnit!” He yelled, throwing his hands in the air. He cursed and turned around, planning to take his anger out on some walls, he paused.

He wasn't alone.

“Em..” he whispered, looking at the half-crow demon.

Her voice, filled with sorrow, spoke evenly.
“Emmit has been found.
The timer ticks second by second.
Warm blood flows over unclean hands.
The rebel M has been found.
A crow soars across sky.
Ruby raindrops splatter onto the ground.
The deviant has been found.
An order has been issued.
A shield will protect their master.
The error has been found.
Lightning crackles in the sky.” She paused. A sudden wave of fear rolled through her words. “What have I done?”

This was it, Emmit had been found. He needed to get out of here-!

As chaos erupted within Emmit's skull, he ripped off his mask, throwing himself back into the real world.

“Fuck..” he muttered as he quickly grabbed his camera. He knew what he had to do. He had to gather his people. He had to stop this!

Going into his account, Emmit began to record. He would keep the video ready, when the cult came to find him, he would put out a timer. When the timer ran out, the video would post.

Now was the time. He knew what to do. He would have Lacch take over the cults account. Have another person to fight by his side.

He wouldn't fight alone.

He would gather everyone.

Gather them for a revolution.

There was no way in hell.