The Stray Kitten Returns to the Box

King Purson saw something in the corner of his eyes. He gestured with his head for King Beleth to look. When he did, he saw an orange tabby in a grey hoodie, his daughter, approaching. Beleth swung his tail up and down in disapproval.

Beleth: And there she is. The stray kitten returns to the box.

Azdizen: Yeah yeah, Dad. The "stray kitten" who's a grown woman by over four thousand years. 

Beleth: I thought I advised you not to accompany Camio to find Stolas.

Azdizen: Uncle Aym was already following him, and you know how he gets. I thought I'd balance the scales. 

Purson: He blew open the door didn't he? 

Azdizen: And the wall. I told him not to, but he did. So he didn't come with us in the car.

Purson: Yeah, I could tell he fucked up just by the way he walked in earlier.

Beleth: Speaking of which, any particular reason you came by car? The council wanted Stolas here as soon as possible. 

Azdizen: Stolas insisted.

Beleth: For what reason? 

Azdizen pointed across the room to Stolas, knelt down, talking with Octavia. 

Beleth: So you've been introduced.

Azdizen: To more people than I expected today. 

Beleth: So the imps and the hellhound are with him? 

Azdizen: Yeah. Via and the hellhound, Loona, they're a couple of goth girl BFFs now.

Purson: Even after- 

Azdizen: Yes, even after she shot her. 

Beleth: I'm so proud of that owlet. But I don't know how long that friendship with the hellhound is gonna last, especially with the kind of occupation she has.

Azdizen: You doubt a lot of things involving Uncle Stolas. 

Beleth: I wouldn't say I- 

A bell chimed out in the lobby.