Call to Meeting

All in the lobby looked at the balcony at the top of the stairs where the bell had rung.

A hellhound in uniform stood at attention on the balcony beside it. Those present at the nearly botched retrieval of Stolas's family recognized him. It was Lieutenant Hiram.

Hiram: Presider Bael calls all to meeting!

The double doors on the first floor to the meeting room were opened by servants. The Goetias and their company made their way inside. Furcas entered the lobby and closed the front doors behind him. He looked over to Stolas standing with Octavia.

Furcas: Stolas. Gather the lowborns who came with you and come with me upstairs.

Stolas nodded and held on to his daughter's shoulder as they followed behind him.
Moxxie and Millie were already back at the center of the lobby and fell in line behind them as they passed. Loona was already at the top of the stairs leaning against a wall and looking at her phone. Octavia waved up to her and got her attention. Loona moved her eyes down then back to her phone and gave a thumbs up.

Stolas checked every step Octavia made up the stairs just in case she flinched from her injury. Furcas looked over his shoulder at them the whole time. Once they were up the stairs, Loona put her phone away and followed behind until suddenly Moxxie and Millie stopped.

Moxxie: Oh wait! Millie, how's my hair look?

Millie: Your hair?

Moxxie: I don't wanna be in front of all these royals with bad hair.

Millie: Moxxie, you're fine. They're letting all of us in even though we're not all rich and fancied up.

Moxxie: Well, yeah, but it's still-

Loona reached down and mangled Moxxie's hair before walking around him.

Moxxie: Wha- ! Hey!

Loona flipped him off.

Millie: Like I said, Moxx.

Moxxie: Oh fine.

Moxxie and Millie carried on behind the group.
Hiram opened a set of double doors to a small waiting room with several chairs. Furcas led everyone inside.

Furcas: Just wait here until the council calls for you.

Furcas walked to a door on the other side of the room and opened it to leave, but looked back at everyone.

Furcas: Where's the taller imp?

Blitzo was lost in thought. He squeezed his hands together unrhythmically. He stood by the window looking out, but not paying any attention. All he could see was depressing grey mud and the echoing words of his inner demons. Those he had let down and betrayed. He was alone.

???: Hey, imp.

Blitzo was startled and spun around. Standing over him was a humanoid demon with an effeminate face. He looked down at the imp with his arms crossed and a scowl.

???: And what exactly are you doing?

Blitzo: Nice skinny jeans, dork.

???: Right. Well. Nice to see that's how little you think of a Goetic king. Normally I'd just fucking kill someone for being that stupid, but sadly you're spoken for. Get upstairs with the rest of the testifiers, imp.

Blitzo: I have a name, shitbird!

???: So do I, stampy. Now go sit down with your... boyfriend.

???: Paimon! There you are!

Another demon walked in and wrapped their arm around the unamused king.

Paimon: Bebal...

Paimon gave his husband a kiss on the cheek.

Paimon: Help me convince this one.

Blitzo: No, no. I got it. Awdorium

Paimon: Auditorium.

Blitzo: Whatever, pie man.