Chapter Eleven

We dropped the boys off at their place and headed to the place of the crash. Now Knowing they didn't actually die there was a relief but this is the place that led to their death.

"Hey take these." I handed the dead flowers to Marcie and replaced them with new ones.

We come up here nine times a year, every birthday, every Fourth of July, thanksgiving and christmas and come back for new years. I couldn't believe it's been three years since.

"You ready?" I exhaled, "Yeah, let's go."

After we place the flowers we go to their grave yard. Their parents allowed them to be buried next to each other because when we were in the eleventh grade we asked them if we could be buried next to one another. At first they thought we were joking but then later realized we weren't so they had agreed.

Not long after we arrived at the grave site, Marcie had placed her bouquet of flowers on their graves.

"Well, do you think I should tell them?" Marcie looked at me and I nodded then she took a deep breath. "Hey, guys it's been a while huh? Three months. I got a boyfriend and so does Des, and get this, they're brothers."

"We aren't dating!" she looked at me then shrugged. "Anyways i just wanted to let you guys know that i am doing fine. I got transferred to the same school as Dessie but other than that nothing is new." She placed her flowers on Kendlies first then on Mel.

My turn

"Hey Kenny, Hey Melly. I miss you guys, What Marcie told you was a lie. Me and Justin are not together as a couple, and yes it's the same Justin I'm always complaining about. He offered me a job at his dads company, the same company you guys wanted to work at. It wasn't my dream but I'm going to do it for both of you. I'm going to live through this if his dad accepts the work I did, that is." I mumbled the last bit. " Oh, I also forgot to tell you guys. Brett had a daughter three years ago. Shocking, I know, not only that Silas is expecting a child soon as well along with him getting married. I really wish you guys were here. We could have watched our kids drive each other's kids insane.

It's only two months until graduation. Can you believe that? I can't, the best part about me probably getting that job is that I don't have to go back home I can stay put because his Justin's family has their own houses near the Business Plus the pay is great i would finally be able to pay off our beach house and quit the job i've been working at.'' I smiled and wiped away my tears. Maybe Justin was right. Maybe I have been super emotional because I miss them so much. "I guess that sums it up. I will be back soon with more ''Tea' " me and marcie let out a laugh as I placed my flowers on melody's grave then the rest of them on Kendlies.

"I Love you guys." I whispered as we were heading to the car.

When we got home I went to take a nap. My room was occupied so I went to Marcie's. I couldn't stop thinking about the day Marcie told me about Kendlie and Melody.

I had woken up and I asked where they were. Marcie didn't answer me and I got worried. I didn't remember the conversation the four of us had before I went into cardiac arrest. I only know bits and pieces of it now but, when I looked over I saw Debbie. She was Mels older sister. She had pain in her eyes and I couldn't understand why.

"Hey there Dessie." she sniffled and gave a fake smile. I only knew it was fake because I was used to that smile on Melody when she was hiding something.

"Hey Deb, what's up? You look sad." She turned away from me. "Are you okay?" She didn't answer me. "Guys what the hell is going on. Marcie?" I turned to look at her only to see her, also avoiding eye contact. "Guys what's going on? Wait a minute.....Why are you here Debbie." I had begun to raise suspicion. Debbie never came around, not even on the holidays because her and Melody were so far apart in age. Debbie had her own life. She lived in Georgia with her three kids. Why they never got along, I have no idea, so that's how I knew something was wrong if Debbie was here.