twenty three

。・:*:・゚★

。・:*:・゚★

14th March, 2024

[5:32 PM]

"Where are we going Anna?", You asked.

"Well you see, I think Namjoon is planning to propose me. He even messaged me to come to the countryside without even telling me the reason.", Anna said as she started the engine.

"Really!, I'm so happy for you guys.", You chuckled on your seat beside her.

"I know Elsa. I'm so lucky to have Namjoon in my life.", Anna smiled ecstatically.

"But why the countryside?", You asked Anna who was focused on driving.

"Well, because Namjoon loves the nature.", She replied.

"Aww, I totally forgot about that.", You chuckled.

"Where's Jimin though?", Anna asked abruptly.

"He told me he's going back to Gwangju to resume his work.", You smiled subtly.

"Ahh, I see."

~~~

"Is this the place?", You asked while Anna was parking the car.

Y

ou and Anna then got out of the car.

"Guess, it is. Come let's go inside.", Anna said and pulled your hand.

"Woah! It's so pretty.", You covered your mouth with your hands as you saw the canopy lightings.

You glanced at Anna in confusion

"Hey, wasn't this going to be a surprise for you?", You were flustered.

"Well, guess the surprise didn't just began!", She glanced just behind you and smiled.

You flipped and gasped.

"Jimin!", Your mouth was agape.

Jimin smiled at you.

Why's he here?

"H-hey Anna—I don't see Namjoon around, did he broke the ring again?", You asked trying to ignore Jimin.

You saw Anna smirk at you teasingly.

What's going on here?

You turned your face back to Jimin, but you didn't saw him standing in front of you. You slowly moved your eyes down and much to your surprise, saw Jimin on his kness, smiling at you. You gasped with your eyes widened.

Anna, you traitor.

You saw Jimin pulling something out from his black coat's pocket.

No no no no no no...

"Will you marry me Kim Y/n?", Jimin gently said in husky voice and he pulled out the ring before you. 

Fvck.

Your body went numb for a second. You didn't wanted to break things off between you both.

But were you left with any other choice?

"Come on Elsa, say yes!", You heard Namjoon and Anna cheer for you both from aside.

You then glanced back in Jimin's eyes. His eyes were twinkling with love and hope. While your eyes were shallow and teary. You pressed you lips tightly. And you felt like an idiot for diminishing those emotions which he has held in those eyes for so long.

But again,

were you left with any other choice?

"Y/n your silence is killing me, atleast say something please!", Jimin said—still on his knees for you.

"Jimin, I'm really sorry.", Your voice cracked and you bursted into tears.

The cheers from Anna and Namjoon suddenly stopped as they watched you cry in agony.

Jimin jaws dropped and tears left his eyes. A part of him knew that this was coming. After all, despite his efforts you weren't happy with him. And he realised that. He slowly got up and wrapped his arms around your numb figure. He gently caressed your hairs.

"Don't cry y/n. It's okay, I understand you. It's okay y/n. Please don't cry.", He patted your back gently.

You sobbed way too much in his arms and surprisingly he did the same—for the first time.

You heart ached for Jimin. He didn't deserved all this. And for the first time his arms didn't felt warm to you.

So you finally let him go with a heavy heart.

Author's note

Don't hate her, she's just a hopeless romantic.

(´ ͡༎ຶ ͜ʖ ͡༎ຶ ')