𝑨 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒅

Rafe decided to stay in the bathroom for a while because he said he had to do something real quick

Rafe decided to stay in the bathroom for a while because he said he had to do something real quick. He either had to sniff a line or make an important call.

I sat back down at the table and got to the conversation between my mother and Ward. They talked about Rafe and I going into business together and possibly even owning a large company in the future. I thought they were just making their usual plans that would never come to fruition, until minutes later it turned out that this time I was completely wrong

Finally, Rafe returned back from the bathroom and sat himself down. There was coke visible on the tip of his nose, which I discreetly pointed out to him so the other wouldn't notice. "Thanks," he mouthed quietly, wiping the white powder away with the back of his hand. "What did I miss?" asked Rafe, looking at his father and my mother, whose conversation was interrupted by his sudden presence.

"We talked about it for a really long time and I think it's now clear that you two will work together in the future."Ward explained as my mother agreed with a steady nod
"Ohh...is that so?" Rafe's gaze shifted to me and his lips curled into a small grin. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back into the chair, studying my slightly shocked expression attentively. I never in my life would have thought that the two of them were really serious about the whole thing. My brother was so knowledgeable about the entire area and I, on the other hand, didn't even know what type of properties our company sold. All I knew was that there was some money involved. A sum so large that it could change the lives of many people. Not the lives from the Pogues apparently. They just wanted the gold. The Camerons' or my family's money was out of the question because it didn't "belong" to them and wasn't "intended" for them. But if I were Rafe's business partner, he'd surely tell me where it's hidden, right?

"I'm sure, that's a great idea."I picked up the glass of wine and took a huge sip. In some situations, Rose's solution to get drunk everytime when life gets harder than it should be is the best you can choose.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
It had been two weeks and I hadn't heard from Rafe, my mother or my brother. Most likely because I didn't even manage to go back home. After the evening with the Camerons, I went straight back to the Pogues and stayed there. I told them about the whole thing and they didn't really know how to react. Of course they were happy that I could now be even closer to Rafe, but there would still be a big risk that Rafe would find out in some way.

As I rested my head on JJ's chest, his movement caused his shirt to ride up a little, allowing me to notice the large bruise on his stomach. I immediately sat up again and this time pulled his shirt completely up. "Oh God.." I mumbled as tears gathered in my eyes and my heart stopped for a moment. Several purple spots covered his stomach, looking fresh and painful.

When he realized what I was pointing out, he pushed my hands off and pulled down his shirt. "I'm fine, don't worry."he spoke and sat next to me. Carefully he pulled me into his arms and pressed his face into my shoulder.

For the first time I actually heard him cry. Mostly there were just a few tears streaming down his face, but this time he let out everything that was slowly destroying him from the inside. "Was it him?" I asked, knowing his father could be the only one responsible for the bruises. He nodded slightly, but still didn't let go. I was glad about it, because I knew how much he needed that hug. Immediately afterwards, John B, Kiara and Pope walked into the room. "What is wrong?" John B sat down on the bed and only then did JJ realize that the three of them were with us.
"His father," I answered shortly, JJ's face still pressed against my shoulder as he tried to calm himself down. Kiara just looked at me with sad eyes, trying not to cry herself.

"I'm so sorry, Bro,"Pope said under his breath, and a few seconds later we were all hugging JJ. The Pogues didn't have a lot of money or power, but they had something that many Kooks didn't have. They had a bond full of love and joy

Later on we decided to sit outside because it was way too hot in John B's little hut. One of my hand was busy playing with JJ's dirty blonde hair while the other lightly ripped on the grass that I was sitting on.
His head was on my lap so he looked up at me, his blue eyes a little red from his crying.

"Did you hear something from Rafe?"John B asked and I shook my head in response.
"I don't even know if he has my number to be honest,"

The whole business partner thing probably didn't work out, I thought until I eventually heard a car park on the street behind me, attracting all of the Pogues' attention.

I intentionally don't mention the names of Anna's mother and brother because they are not really relevant. The next parts will be much more interesting, I promise 🎀