Sweet

Terushima smiles, looking at you from across the table. "Ya know, cutie pie-chan, you're a lot nicer than I could've ever imagined."

"Really? This is just how I am."

He leans across the table just a bit. "And I like that you're as sweet as you are."

You blush, looking at the food in front of you. "I like you just the way you are."

He leans back in his seat. "You're the only one, cutie pie-chan. Everyone else seems to wanna keep me on a tight leash."

"Why?"

"Cuz I'm the type of guy that uses girls."

"You don't use me."

He sighs. "True, but you're also not like other girls."

"Is it because I'm so sweet?"

Terushima shrugs. "Maybe. But you're also much nicer to me without knowing a whole lot about me. And why is that anyways? You're always making time to spend with me."

You smile at him. "I just really want to. I think you're a great guy. I just like spending time around you, Terushima-san."

He raises a brow at you. "You say stuff like that a lot. I'm starting to think you can't say anything else."

You look away from him briefly. "Well, it's true. I really like being around you and think you're a genuinely nice person. Is there something wrong with that?"

He makes eye contact with you. "I don't have a problem with that. But I can't say the same for everyone else. You've probably heard some stuff from Hana when all you managers hang out."

You nod. "She says some awful things about you. But I don't believe any of that, not one bit. I've never seen your bad side, so I only know you as being a good person. Maybe you need help seeing how great of a guy you really are."

Terushima's eyes widened. "You're really determined to prove that I'm actually a good guy, huh?"

"Of course. You had every chance to do whatever you wanted with me, but instead you chose to protect me. How can I think negatively of you when you do stuff like that?"

A smile spreads on the older boy's face. "You really are sweet, you know that?"

You give him a kind smile. "So you say."

He leans closer to you from the other side of the table. "Well, it's true. You're seriously the sweetest people I've ever met. It's almost unbelievable how sweet you are without there being any conditions."

"How so?"

He shrugs. "No one's like that with me. If they act nice, there's usually some reason behind it."

"Like an ulterior motive?"

Terushima nods. "Exactly like that, cutie pie-chan. No one is nice to me without having a motive behind it. They always want something in return. Like sex, or a date, or something only I can give em."

You furrow your brows. "People really only want a select few things from you."

"Yup."

"That's terrible. You shouldn't be treated like that."

He raises a brow at you. "And how do you think I should be treated, cutie pie-chan?"

"Like a king."

Terushima takes a slow drink from the soda in front of him. "And what makes you think I deserve to be treated like a king?"

"I don't have any reason to believe you don't deserve to be treated in the best way possible, Terushima-san."

The purest smile he could manage was planted on Terushima's face. "You truly are the sweetest being alive."