𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆

One week earlier...

"You really need to floss more." Stu said before moving away from Phil who was lying down on the bed at Stu's dental office.

"Fuck that. That's why I come here."

"Then you should come more than once every two years."

"Why? So you could bleed me of all my money?"

"I never charge you a dime, Phil. Besides, Grace comes almost every two weeks and I don't charge her." Stu said writing something in a clipboard.

"Well, she's the responsible one. Hey, how do I work the nitrous?" Phil said taking a mask from the side of the bed.

"You don't, actually."

"Come on. Just one hit." Phil begged holding the mask on his face.

"Fillings look pretty good. Any other problems?" Stu said turning to look at him.

"Yeah, actually. You're getting married in Thailand." Phil started, "For starters, that's flights for me and Gracie. That's two grand right there." He continued gesturing with his hands, "My mother-in-law's watching Olivia. Now she's got this whole new thing to hold over my head. Plus it takes five days to get there." He finished ranting.

"Don't worry, Stu. We're gonna be there to support you." Grace said making them look at her, she was leaning against the door with a soft smile. Phil immediately soften his eyes at the sight of her. "And that's also true, my mom's gonna hold that on him." She chuckled making Phil give her an unamused look.

"It's a 16-hour flight. And it's beautiful when you get there. Thanks, Grace. You here to pick him up?" Stu questioned her amused.

"Yup. I left Olivia with my mom." She chuckled.

"Hello, My love." Phil smiled before looking at Stu. "Whatever. It's a hassle." Phil said shaking his head.

"It is kind of far. Lauren's been there a week and she's still jet-lagged." Stu commented looking at them. "It's where her parents are from. It means a lot."

"Who gives a shit about her parents? Her dad hates you." Phil said taking the disposable cloth from his neck and standing up.

"Phil!" Grace scolded making him look at her innocently. She entered the room and started looking around.

"He doesn't hate me. He's just never spoken to me. I think it's a cultural thing." Stu defended making Grace stop and pursue her lips.

"Stu. I'm sorry to say this but he hates you. Literally." Grace said making him glare at her.

"Why can't you get married in Vegas like last time? So much easier. " Phil said before gesturing at him and Grace, "Look at us! We're strong as ever and already have a daughter."

Stu smiled at them before sighing looking down, "Why can't you just be excited for me? This is my wedding." He said making Grace soften her eyes.

"You're really happy, huh?" Grace and Phil asked in unison.

"I really am." Stu smiled at them.

"All right. I'm happy too." Phil said putting a hand on Stu's shoulder.

"We're gonna have a great time, Stu!" Grace exclaimed happily making Stu smile widen.

"Thank you."

"It's gonna be fun." Phil said taking Grace's hand before walking away from Stu. They were in the middle of the hallway when Stu called out.

"Phil?" Stu called him making them stop in their tracks, Phil hummed as a response, "Put the prescription pad back."

Phil turned around and started walking to him before reaching into his pants pulling it out with an annoyed expression. Grace just stood watching them silently.