05 - back to december ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

TODAY, i was heading home for Christmas. It's been a while since i last saw my mom, dad and Jobe. I got a couple of weeks off so i took this time to travel back to Birmingham.

As the plane soared through the air a mix of anticipation covered me. Once arrived at the Birmingham-West Midlands airport i navigated the bustling crowds, my heart racing with excitement and the thought of seeing my family again. The air was tinged with the scent of mulled wine and roasting chestnuts, a festive reminder of the holiday season.

"Jude, my boy!" my dad exclaimed, enveloping me in a bear hug. "It's so good to have you home for Christmas."

"It's good to be home, Dad." I replied, returning the embrace.

My mom planted a kiss on my cheek. "We've missed you honey." She said, her voice filled with affection.

We made our way to the car, the familiar streets of Birmingham passing by in a blur of memories and nostalgia.

When we got home, i was greeted with the sight of my cozy living room, adorned with twinkling lights and festive decorations.

"Jobe!" I called out to my brother. Moments later he bounded down the stairs, a wide smile spread across his face. "Jude! You made it!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a playful headlock.

"Hey watch it!" I laughed, tousling his hair affectionately. "Nice to see you little bro."

Jobe grinned, with a glint of mischief. "You ready for a rematch?" he teased competitively.

I chuckled, the familiar banter between us bringing a sense of comfort. "You're on. But don't expect me to go easy on you."

Obviously, i won, but we all saw that coming

A while after we all gathered around the dinner table, the smell roast turkey and gravy surrounding us.

The conversation flowed, everyone shared stories and had a laugh. My mom turned to me. "So, Jude, how is everything with the team? You settling in alright?" she asked with curiosity.

"It's been fine mom" a bit of hesitation in my voice. "We've been training hard, and the season had its ups and downs."

Jobe chimes in. "What about Hannah? She still giving you a hard time on the field?" Great. Of course he knew about her. I feel unsettled really, how does he know EVERYTHING even when we're in different countries, it's mad.

I felt embarrassment rising as the whole table turned to the topic of conversation i heavily wanted to avoid and forget. Hannah has been my source of frustration for months.

I took a deep breath. "I mean we have our differences but i'm sure we'll make it work...some how." My answer pretty unconvincing.

"Are you sure? You seem-" my dad started. This girl really riles me up.

"No! She's been insufferable to be around always questioning my decisions and authority." I continued. "She acts like she knows everything, like she's better than everyone else, it's infuriating."

My mom interjected with caution. "Maybe there's more to it Jude." She suggested. "Have you tried talking to her, understanding where she's coming from?"

"I tried once but she just wouldn't listen, if she could communicate like a normal human being we wouldn't be in this situation." I take a deep breath reminding myself now is not the time nor place to get angry.

"It's just...difficult." I finish, my voice heavy with uncertainty.

The talk turns to lighter topics after that, but in the back of my mind i couldn't stop thinking about what Carlo Ancelotti talked to us about, he has a point. We both know this is never going to work if we both gnarl at each other all day.

My prides too big to try to make amends again so it's all her decision now. Everyone is aware that Real Madrid is her everything so i guess we'll see what sacrifices she's willing to take in order to move forward.

 Everyone is aware that Real Madrid is her everything so i guess we'll see what sacrifices she's willing to take in order to move forward

Time to depart drew near i couldn't stop from feeling a pang of reluctance deep within me. Leaving my home behind and returning to Madrid meant parting ways from the warmth of Christmas holidays back into the restless rhythm of professional football.

"Take care of yourself alright?" My dad said feeling concerned. His eyes bore the weight of unspoken worries.

"I will." I forced a smile. The ache of separation is always the hardest part.

I said my goodbyes to both Jobe and my mom trying my best to maintain composure, who knows how long until i see them again. I wish i could go back to December way more often.

The taxi pulled away from my house and the trip to Spain stretched out before me like an endless journey.

In some way, i'm glad, i do not want to go back to the hell hole that awaits for me.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

A/N - Wholesome little filler chapter, there wasn't any interaction between Hannah and Jude but still wanted to make this!