17 - daylight ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 once told me that love feels burning red, but for me, it's golden, like daylight, soft and beautiful. Someone else also told me to stay close to the people who made me feel like daylight, Hannah is my daylight, well actually she's the whole sun.

Today, I couldn't contain my excitement as I waited for Hannah outside the brightly lit arcade. It was loud, filled with the loud voices of people and bright flashing lights of the games.

As Hannah approached, a wide smile spread across my face. She looked stunning, she was wearing some leggings and a black sweater, hair swept up in a ponytail, simple but still she never fails to wow me.

"Hey, Hannah." I greeted her.

"Hey, Jude!" Hannah replied, returning my smile with equal enthusiasm.

Together, we stepped into the arcade, the sights and sounds exciting but also nostalgic in a way. The smell of popcorn and cotton candy only adding to the environment. Vibrant lights and buzzing sounds engulfed us, casting a kaleidoscope of colors across our faces. Hannah's eyes lit up with childlike excitement at the sight of the flashing games and ringing machines.

"Where should we start?" Hannah asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

I grinned, feeling a rush of exhilaration myself. "How about we kick things off with some classic arcade games? You know, like Pac-Man and Space Invaders?"

Hannah's agreed with delight. "Yes, definitely! I love those games."

We made our way to a row of vintage arcade cabinets, each one of them with its retro charm. I inserted a few coins into the Pac-Man machine, and soon we were both engrossed in the addictive pursuit of gobbling up pellets and evading colorful ghosts.

With every level we conquered, our laughter echoed through the arcade, blending seamlessly with the cacophony of sounds around us. I found myself completely lost in the moment, savoring the simple joy of spending time with Hannah.

Once we got bored, I led Hannah over to the air hockey machines, the ones we'd been talking about yesterday. "I hope you're ready to lose." I teased, confidently.

Hannah rolled her eyes. "Keep dreaming." Her competitive spirit was shining through.

We spent the next hour immersed in the world of arcade games. From air hockey to racing games,
we tried our hand at everything, each game more exhilarating than the last. Yeah, Hannah did win at air hockey, only because I let her though (no i didn't.)

Finally, we found ourselves in front of the classic dance machine. Without hesitation, Hannah stepped onto the platform.

"Care to join me?" Hannah asked, extending her hand to me.

I hesitated for a moment, i've never been one fond of dancing, but i can't say no to her. I took her hand, stepping onto the platform beside her.

We then danced to the rhythm of the music, our movements fluid and effortless. As we twirled and spun, I felt a sense of elation, a feeling of pure joy that I couldn't quite explain. I knew that I didn't want this day to end. I loved soaking up every second we spent together.