08 - exile ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 ──★

TW⚠️ - injury

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 what happened before, with Jude, i don't really want to remember. He saw me in my most brittle moment. I've always had a fear of elevators. His reassurance in that moment really helped me out, maybe he isn't so bad after all. Still, it doesn't take away what he has done before. I guess i'm just petty like that.

Now, i'm sitting on the football bench with a few of the players, my eyes fixed on the pitch where the intense match was unfolding, nerves coursed through me.

The stadium was alive with energy, the cheers and chants through the crowd flowing through the air.

Jude's presence on the field was a calming sight, his athleticism and skill evident in every stride he took. Despite the intensity of the game, his composure never faltered, his focus unwavering as he navigated the field with precision.

But then, in a split second, everything changed.

A bone-crunching collision sent Jude crashing to the ground, his body twisting in a horrifying angle. My heart dropped to my stomach as i watched in shock, a gasp escaping my lips.

Players and medical staff rushed to Jude's side. "Stay down mate." One of the opposing teammates urged.

Jude grimaced in pain, his face contorted with agony as he clutched at his injured leg. Blood seeped from a gash, staining his white uniform maroon against the green of the pitch.

As the medical team assessed Jude's injury, a sense of helplessness washed over me. I longed to rush to his side, but I remained rooted to the bench, my eyes fixed on Jude's prone form with a mixture of fear and anguish.

The medical team made a decision, carefully lifting Jude onto a stretcher. As they carried him off the field, a knot formed in my stomach, a prayer for his well-being echoing in my mind.

 As they carried him off the field, a knot formed in my stomach, a prayer for his well-being echoing in my mind

After the match against Seville, I couldn't shake the worry gnawing at my insides. Despite the team's victory, Jude's injury weighed heavily on my mind. I needed to see him, to ensure he was alright. Just a few hours ago he was helping me out so it's the right thing to do.

I made my way to the medical room where Jude was being treated, my footsteps echoing in the empty corridor. As I approached the door, I hesitated, my hand hovering over the handle. What if he didn't want to see me? What if my presence only added to his distress?

Pushing aside my doubts, I gently pushed open the door and stepped inside. The room was quiet, illuminated by the glow of the overhead lights. Jude lay on the examination table, his expression strained with pain.

"Hey," I said softly.

Jude's eyes flickered open, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Hey," he replied, his voice shaken.

I approached him cautiously, aching at the sight of him in pain. "How are you feeling?" I asked, my worry evident in my voice.

Jude shrugged, his expression guarded. "Could be better," he admitted, with resignation.

"How bad is it?" His leg already bandaged up. "Bad."

"How is your pain?" It feels like i'm interrogating him, bombarding him with questions, but i want to make sure he's okay.

"I'm alright, it doesn't hurt to bad." That's a lie. I can tell by the clear suffering written all over him. "Stop playing the tough hero act and tell me." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Fine." He lets out a breath. "It hurts...like a lot." His head falls down, looking at his injured leg.

I nodded, my gaze lingering on the bandages wrapped around his leg. "I'm sorry about what happened out there," I said, my words heavy with remorse. "I never wanted to see you hurt."

Jude's eyes softened, a flicker of vulnerability crossing his features. "I know," he replied, his voice a whisper. "It's just part of the game, I guess."

I took a seat beside him, the weight of the moment hanging heavy. "I wish there was something I could do to help." I really wish there was.

Jude reached out, his hand grazing mine. "You being here is enough," he said, his voice gentle. "It means more than you know." I never liked seeing people injured.

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes, a swell of emotion threatening to overwhelm me. Despite everything, Jude's strength and resilience never ceased to amaze me.

We sat in silence for a moment, the only sound the soft hum of the medical equipment. It was strange, being here with Jude in such a vulnerable moment. Our rivalry felt insignificant in the face of his pain.

"I'll be back on to playing before you know it." Jude said, breaking the silence with a wry smile.

I returned his smile, grateful for his attempt to lighten the mood. "I have no doubt about that" I replied with a slight giggle.

Jude attempted to get up off the bed and go to the restroom. His attempt failing, miserably.

I tried to reach out in order to steady him. "I don't need your help." Why does he have to be stubborn, especially now?

"Really? Because it sure looks like you do." I'm not sure he can even walk. "Lean on me." I wrap my arm around his lower body and grab a crutch from the other side of the room handing it to him.

We slowly made our way to the bathroom. I felt really bad for him. I know how much it means to play, and not being able to do that must be heartbreaking. He is going to have to be in exile from the field until he undergoes treatments and gets regains his strength.

I knocked on the door a few minutes after to help him back out. "You decent?" I asked before entering and doing the same process as before, with a lot of patience, ensuring he doesn't get hurt.

I check my phone, it's around 1:00 am. I grab my things, going to make an exit, leaving Jude some peaceful time to rest.

"Wait." Jude sits up far too quickly. "Woah don't do that you could get hu-" He stops me.

"Stay with me." It wasn't a question, but more like an obligation, which i was willing to do.

"Okay." I set my stuff back down without a drop of hesitation. "I'm not going anywhere, get some sleep, you need it, i'll be here when you wake up."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆