16 - state of grace ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 in Hannah's warm hug, she took a deep breath, i assume to steady her nerves, she cleared her throat, stepped back, looking up at me, her voice trembling slightly as she spoke. "Jude." She started, her words hesitant yet resolute. "There's something I need to tell you."

I could tell it was hard for her to say whatever it was she wanted, I nodded for her to continue trying to be here for her, supportive.

"I... I've been meaning to say this for a while now." She confessed. "But I haven't been able to find the right words until now."

I listened intently, my eyes never leaving hers as I waited for her to speak her truth. There was a tenderness in my gaze, a silent reassurance for Hannah, despite the uncertainty that looked like it threatened to consume her.

"I... I  like you, Jude." Her voice gaining strength with each passing word. "This is all so weird to me but I just like being around you, all the time. And I know that it's probably not the right time, or the right place, but I couldn't keep it inside any longer. I'm not expecting a reaction, i'm just saying the fact that I like you. I've been in major denial for weeks now but i'm done, it's out there." She rambled not sure when or if she should stop.

Hannah searched my face for any sign of what I might be feeling. There was a moment of silence. Never before have I wanted to say so much, but said so little; felt so much but stayed so silent, processing it all.

I reached out to take her hand in my own, her touch warm against mine. "Hannah." I said earnestly. "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that."

Hannah's lips quirking up into a small smile. "You have?"

I affirmed, a rush of relief flooding through her as I watched the tension melt from her shoulders. In that moment, everything felt right, as if we had finally found our way to each other against all odds. After all, the best relationships are the ones you never saw coming, I most certainly didn't see her coming, now i'll never be the same after her, this is a new chapter of many more to come, a state of grace.

 After all, the best relationships are the ones you never saw coming, I most certainly didn't see her coming, now i'll never be the same after her, this is a new chapter of many more to come, a state of grace

We aren't official, there is a process before that, the first step being, of course, a date.

I scratched my head, trying to come up with the perfect idea for a date with Hannah. I wanted it to be special, something we'd both remember for a long time. But every idea I came up with seemed to fall flat.

I suggested going to the movies, but Hannah wrinkled her nose. "Nah, too cliché." She said, shaking her head.

Next, I suggested going for a walk in the nearby hills, but Hannah scoffed. "Are you kidding me? I'd be sweating like a pig in this heat." She retorted, fanning herself with her hand.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction. "Okay, okay, scratch that idea." I said, holding up my hands in surrender.

I racked my brain, trying to think of something that would impress Hannah, something that would make her smile and laugh and feel special. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't seem to come up with anything that met her standards.

Finally, I threw up my hands in defeat, laughing at it all. "You know what, Hannah? You're impossible to please." I teased, exactly like when we first met, though then I hated her, now i'm thinking how the hell did a girl like this like me? I nudged her playfully with my elbow.

Hannah grinned, rolling her eyes. "Hey, don't blame me if your ideas are lame." She shot back, shrugging jokingly at me.

I leaned back on the chair I was in, still chuckling at the sheer audacity of this girl. "Fine, fine, I give up. You plan the date then." I said, in mock surrender.

Hannah's jaw dropped. "Wow you expect me to plan the date, that's not very kind of you Jude." She responded sarcastically.

Undeterred, I came up with one last, final idea. "Alright, how about we go to that new arcade downtown and have a little friendly competition?" I suggested, hopefully this one seems more appealing to her.

Hannah's lights up at the suggestion. "Now you're talking! But be warned, I'm a pro at air hockey." She declared.

I laughed, feeling a surge of excitement at the thought of going head-to-head with Hannah in a game of air hockey. "We'll see about that." Oh she doesn't know just how competitive I am.

I know it isn't the most romantic first date but I don't mind. As long as Hannah's happy, i'm happy. We could sit in pure silence and i would still enjoy every second of it. Though I do have to say, I can't wait to crush her at the arcade.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

A/N - Short cute chapter sorry it wasn't longer I didn't have many other ideas, still I hope you enjoyed tysm for reading and some for voting 🫶🏻