07 - labyrinth ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

TW ⚠️ - panic attack

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐒 stadium buzzed with anticipation for the match in an hour, footballers getting ready and fans making their way inside.

I made my way though the maze of corridors. The upcoming match was the only thing in my mind, overshadowing everything else. I rang for the elevator hoping to go up to the changing rooms.

Hannah turned the corner and nearly collided with me. She gets taken aback. "Hey" she greets awkwardly.

I don't have the time to acknowledge her, much less after yesterday. She sure does know how to fight. I crossed the line calling her a bitch so i suppose i deserved it.

We stood there in uncomfortable silence. Before either of us could make a move to leave, the elevator doors slid open with a soft hiss, beckoning us inside.

Hannah hesitated, her eyes flickering uncertainly between me and the open elevator. "I guess we're going the same way." She remarked.

I shrugged nonchalantly, masking the unease that churned within me. "Guess so," I replied, stepping into the elevator alongside her.

The doors slid shut behind us, sealing us inside the confined space. The atmosphere grew stifling.

As the elevator ascended, the air grew heavy with unspoken words, the silence stretching. I could sense Hannah's discomfort, her uncomfortableness noticeable even in the dim light of the elevator.

"You good?" I ventured, my voice softer than I intended.

Hannah's response was strained, her breaths short and uneven. "I-I'm fine," she stammered, but her trembling hands betrayed her words. I expected her to give me a snappy reply, that's odd...

I watched her closely, a concern tugging at the edges of my consciousness. But before I could offer any reassurance, the elevator shuddered to a sudden halt, its ascent abruptly halted.

Hannah's eyes widened in terror, panic flashing across her features. "No, no, no," she whispered, her voice trembling with fear.

The sudden stop jolted me from my thoughts, my heart pounding in my chest. I glanced at Hannah, her face pale and drawn, her eyes wide with fear. Panic gripped me as I realized our situation.

I tried pressing the buttons for help but everything was jammed. "Shit!" i yelled still hopelessly slamming numbers.

I looked back at Hannah, more steadily. "Hannah, listen to me" I urged, my voice steady despite the turmoil swirling within me. "We're stuck, but we'll figure this out, okay?"

My words seemed to fall on deaf ears as Hannah's panic escalated. Her breaths grew, her hands trembling uncontrollably. I reached out to comfort her, but she recoiled, her fear bouncing off the walls in the confined space.

I felt utterly helpless, my own anxiety rising with each passing moment. The walls of the elevator seemed to close in around us, trapping us in a suffocating embrace. I struggled to remain calm, to be the anchor that Hannah needed in this moment of crisis.

She sat down on the floor curling herself into a ball, her face dug into her knees. I sat down beside her placing a hand on her lower back.