22 - you are in love ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 up by the morning light passing through the curtains. Today was the day, the day Hannah would meet my parents and my brother. And if I'm being honest, I was feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement. We had decided that today was a good day, it was spring break and we had about a week off, this way we could ensure that everyone was available.

Rolling over in bed, I reached out to grab my phone from the nightstand, my fingers tapping against the screen to check the time. It was still early, but the anticipation of the day ahead had already taken hold, stirring a flurry of emotions within me.

As I lay there, I couldn't help but reflect on the journey that had led us to this moment. It has not been easy, we hated each other for months, and now here we are, ironic isn't it?

Hannah has become such an integral part of my life, her presence bringing a sense of joy and comfort that I never knew I needed, and now I can't live without. I feel grateful for the opportunity to introduce her to my family.

With a deep breath, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, the cool floor beneath my feet grounding me in the present moment. Today was about Hannah and me, about taking this next step in our relationship and embracing whatever the future held.

Making my way to the kitchen, I found Hannah already up, her face illuminated by the natural sunlight. She looked beautiful, a radiant smile gracing her lips as she moved about the room, preparing breakfast.

I smiled as I watched her, feeling a surge of affection wash over me at the sight of her. She was nervous, I could tell, but there was a strength in her, a resilience for everything that is thrown at her which I admired more than words could express.

"Hey." I said, my morning voice still showing. "Nervous?"

Hannah turned to face me, her eyes meeting mine as she sat on top of my counter. "A little." She admitted, with uncertainty. "But mostly excited. I can't wait to meet your family, Jude."

I crossed the room to sit beside her, wrapping my arms around her in a comforting embrace. "They're going to love you." I reassured her. "Just be yourself my love, that's all they'll ever need."

As we wrapped up breakfast and double-checked our travel essentials the prospect of Hannah meeting my family brought a flurry of nerves, but we were sure about this, none of the less.

I knew Hannah's father way too well before I knew her so it's no need to introduce me to her family. My family on the other hand have heard countless stories, good and bad about Hannah. Once they have the chance to have a talk, I have no doubt they will fall in love with her. I even had to remind Jobe beforehand that she's mine, just in case, you never know.

 I even had to remind Jobe beforehand that she's mine, just in case, you never know