095.

"Weapons."

Ugh, wanker.

Eleanor looked over at the young adult with the same gaze. Strong and cold, showing how strong she was despite the situation they were currently stuck in. As they did this little competition, there was a clash on the ground from Negan's crowbar followed with an easy pocketknife.

"Weapons. Now."

With a tilted head, Elle slowly untucked her knives from the leather sheath on her thigh then she pulled out the ones hiding in her waistband. One of these people, raiders maybe, she wasn't sure, took a step forward until Elle dropped another knife. He froze instantly and waited for the woman to be over.

With now a handgun on the pile and a couple of those throwing stars she stole from Meridian, she cleared her throat and stood up straight.

"You telling me I've been getting up close to you with all that shit?" Negan half-whispered, he didn't care if someone heard him.

"And are you telling me a couple of knives would stop you?" Elle fired back. She could see the look of contemplation on his face before he shook it away and laughed. "See! They probably encourage you."

"Just a smidge, Sunshine. It's like I have my own sexy villain-"

Someone cleared their throat. Eleanor bashed an embarrassed red while Negan stood there proud and confident. "Now your bags." Negan rolled his eyes and chucked the bag he's been carrying onto the pile of weapons, Elle following after him. "Now take a couple of steps back."

They did as they were told because why wouldn't they? These people had scythes, some fucking anecdote for the literal Death. She let out a heavy sigh and took a couple of steps back until she felt a hand grab from her arms.

Wide eye and fucking freaked out, she ducked her body and landed her foot in the kneecaps of whoever touched her. Immediately, there was loud shuffles and people screaming at her until two other people came sprinting at her - grabbing her by the arms.

"Could've given a girl a fucking warning!"

Suddenly, the fear that they might've hurt Eleanor completely left Negan's mind while he chuckled away. But the man who was holding Negan captive didn't find it humorous at all. "Fucking bitch," He hissed.

Uh oh, Eleanor closed her eyes.

It was undetermined and uncalculated but clearly called for. In seconds, Negan twisted his body and smashed his forehead into the man's face. He let go with a groan, cupping his bleeding nose while two more people came running to hold him in his place.

"What? You think that was fucking funny?" His teeth was on show, gleaming under the sun as he teased the people with his words. Typical. "You just insult her and expect me to just sit pretty and Goddamn laugh?"

"Hey!" Negan shut up, Elle definitely shut up, and they both carefully turned to look at the leader. Or a leader. Short but strong, a beautiful dark complexion with short curly hair. Eleanor didn't feel intimidated nor did Negan but she looked like someone you could trust.

"Can we stop with the fighting now?" She asked. Elle and Negan looked at each other cautiously. "It's getting old. We just want to talk, is that okay?"

"Can we take our weapons-"

"Obviously not."

Elle frowned. Even though she still had a pocketknife lodged in her converse shoe. "Fine. What do you want to talk about?"

The woman with the nice complexion took a step forward, getting closer to Eleanor and Negan. She had a gun in a holster on her hip but she hasn't bothered to take it out - weird. Then suddenly, the people holding Eleanor and Negan in bruising grips let go.