Chapter 3

"A Nightwing fan, huh?" Hearing his voice made her freeze in her place, Panic surged within her, a whirlwind of nerves and excitement threatening to betray her composure.

Wake up! Say something dummy!

With a quick inward breath, y/n steadied herself, forcing a smile as she replied, "Yeah, big fan. Nightwing's always been one of my favorites." She hoped her voice sounded steady, her demeanor casual, masking the torrent of emotions churning beneath the surface.

Dick's eyes crinkled in amusement, a knowing glint dancing within them. "He's a good choice," he said with a charming grin. "I'm Dick, by the way."

Y/n heart pounded in her chest as she extended her hand, trying to ignore the surrealism of introducing herself to Dick Grayson, the legendary hero's alter ego. "I'm y/n," she managed, her voice tinged with a mix of awe and disbelief.

She almost stuttered when she spoke "yo-you're um related to Bruce Wayne right?" Have to play it cool as she'd think, I mean everybody in Gotham knew Bruce had kids but they're not usually always in his galas or other stuff.

"Guilty, but I'd prefer if nobody in this store realized yet." He chuckled, even his laugh is contagious, gosh he's so pretty.. fuck! I need to focus!

"Yeah I bet it would kinda suck if you'd just want a normal day but all of a sudden everybody wants to take a picture with your or ask questions.." she blabbered, she wanted to say so much to him like 'oh hey I'm from another universe could you help me out? Also I know everything about you!'

But that wouldn't have been a smart move considering both the place she's in and situation too.

He had noticed how nervous she looked, almost as if she were shaking chihuahua.. "hey, no need to be nervous" he almost laughed.

"A haha.. right, sorry it's just not everyday you say hi to a literal celebrity." Wow yeah right, if that celebrity is dick Grayson obviously you wouldn't since he's supposed to be FICTIONAL!

After the awkward silence both had said their goodbyes to each other, she had walked out of the store seeing there is no point in staying any longer.

Sighing I have to actually get ready for tomorrow since I actually have a job.. the thought of her job kind of bothered her.

Out of all the jobs she could get she had to have that one.

Wait, is it true about his butt..? She thought damn it I didn't get to look at it!

Entering her apartment, she locked the door behind her as y/n stepped through the threshold of her cozy apartment, laden with bag of clothing and a few essentials from the grocery store, a sense of contentment washed over her. The day had been productive, but now, with the sun casting a warm glow through the windows, she found herself at a loose end.

Setting the bags down on the kitchen counter, y/n surveyed her surroundings, pondering her options for how to while away the remainder of the day. The clock on the wall ticked softly, a reminder of the hours stretching ahead with boundless possibilities.

With a sigh, y/n drifted towards the living room, sinking into the plush comfort of her sofa. She glanced at the stack of books on the coffee table, beckoning to her with promises of adventure and escapism. Yet, today, they failed to captivate her wandering attention.

Her gaze drifted to the window, where the world outside buzzed with life, inviting her to explore its offerings. But the lure of the familiar comforts of home held her in its gentle embrace.

Honestly I'm surprised I met dick today, it feels more like a dream rather than reality.. sighing "maybe I should watch something.. or make something to eat."