Chapter 4

I stand before my closet, fingers grazing over the selection of garments hanging within. Tonight's gala at Wayne Manor is fast approaching, and I'm on a quest to find the perfect attire: something that strikes the delicate balance between elegance and professionalism, befitting my role as a journalist.

After a brief moment of deliberation, I settle on a sleek, knee-length dress in a black color and long gloves to go with. Its tailored silhouette exudes sophistication while remaining tastefully understated, precisely what I'm looking for. The fabric drapes gracefully over my frame, hinting at my figure without revealing too much.

With the dress chosen, I turn my attention to my hair, sweeping it into a chic updo that frames my face in loose tendrils, adding a touch of glamour without veering into ostentation. A pair of pearl earrings and a delicate bracelet complete the ensemble, adding a subtle sparkle to my look.

As I gaze at my reflection in the mirror, a flutter of excitement mixed with apprehension courses through me. Tonight's gala holds the promise of opportunity and intrigue, but also the weight of expectation and uncertainty.

With a deep breath, I steel myself for the challenges that lie ahead alright alright I can do this! Just don't be too nervous.. and not only that maybe I could get Bruce's help.. that is if I am able to get close.

Yeah there is no way I'd be able to get close, the entire manor was crowded there were so many people, just how exactly did my boss expect me to ask Bruce when he's got too many people asking him a million questions already, let alone dig up some dirt!

Bruce had already started talking about the project that he was bringing into Gotham city, it was about a crime prevention program, it didn't sound bad, actually it was pretty great so far.

As if he isn't the crime prevention program himself I almost chuckled at my joke.

And then later on came in the questionnaire, unfortunately he had so many reporters on scene and just as much journalists, aren't they kinda the same thing anyways..

I tried to squeeze in myself into the crowed, I would never go such measures for a job, but do I even have another option? I lose this job and I basically lose everything.. but also I kind of wanted to meet this hunk of a man.

As I excused myself between these people, I all got was pushing .. and pushing.. and pushing.

Until they literally somehow kicked me out of it..
yeah actually fuck this I'm just gonna use whatever the hell he said about this new program! I hate being shoved..

I sighed, there wasn't a point of trying to ask Bruce anything at the moment, he was literally crowded by fans.

I remembered that there was a buffet around, my stomach growled yeah I'm gonna need something to eat.. as I walked to the said buffet I started thinking like I wasn't doing that already.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any of Bruce's kids around, I mean I think they don't always come to these galas right? I can't remember the small things but I do remember every big event from the comics.

Ah man what I'd do to see Jason Todd.. and dick too oh my gosh he looked so attractive up close! I almost screamed from just seeing him, I kind of want to see him in that nightwing outfit.. I thought as I picked up a plate.

A small amount of blush tinted my cheeks, I picked up a couple of small desserts, I'm keeping the best meal for last.

As I was eating I remembered once again what my supposed 'boss' told me..