Chapter 5

After the events of the night, Y/n had proceeded it would be best to leave the gala as she had already gotten what she needed for the job.

The streets were quiet now, the remnants of the evening's festivities fading into the darkness.

With a weary sigh, Y/n hailed a cab, the yellow vehicle pulling up to the curb with a soft hum. Slipping into the backseat, she leaned back against the plush upholstery, the events of the evening replaying in her mind like a reel of film.

As the cab navigated through the winding streets of Gotham City, Y/n stared out the window, lost in thought. The city lights blurred past, casting an ethereal glow over the familiar landmarks and bustling thoroughfares.

Despite the late hour, the city was alive with activity, the rhythm of life pulsing through its veins with an energy that never seemed to wane. Y/n watched in silence, her thoughts drifting between the revelations of the gala and the looming deadline that awaited her back at the office.

As the cab pulled up to her apartment building, Y/n roused herself from her reverie, the weight of exhaustion settling heavy upon her shoulders. Paying the driver with a murmured thanks, she stepped out onto the sidewalk, the cool night air wrapping around her like a comforting embrace.

She entered the lobby of her apartment complex man what a night, I got to meet Damian Wayne the blood son himself and I got to meet his hot older brother once again she smiled at her thoughts.

Entering the elevator she pressed on the third floor button, she leaned on the wall and at that moment she starting to take everything in once again just like first day.

Frowning she thought what am I gonna do? I can't continue living in this lie biting her lip she continued I need to find a way home.. I have to tell them and sooner, I can't keep quiet and not do anything about it.. I already feel homesick.

Not able to get a call from my mother, no texts from my friends or siblings.. I can't continue living like this.. her throat started to feel as if it was closing in.

The elevator doors had been opened, she realized and took a deep breath while fixing her bag and leaving.

Entering her apartment she locked the door behind her, a heavy weariness settled upon her shoulders like a suffocating shroud. With trembling hands, she locked the door behind her, the hollow click echoing in the silent darkness of the empty space.

Alone at last, the facade she had maintained throughout the evening's ordeal crumbled, her stoic resolve giving way to a torrent of pent-up emotions. Collapsing to the floor in a heap, Y/n buried her face in her hands, her body racked with silent sobs.

The weight of her loneliness bore down on her with crushing force, a relentless reminder of the gaping void that gnawed at her soul—a void born of the knowledge that she was a stranger in a strange land, adrift in a universe that was not her own.

Memories of her home, of the people and places she had left behind, flooded her mind like a tidal wave, threatening to drown her in their bittersweet embrace. She longed for the familiar comforts of her own world, for the sense of belonging that had always eluded her here.

I need to go back home! I don't care if my favorite characters or what not are near me, they wouldn't care about me anyways since they don't know me at all! She thought through her sobs.

I need to go back home, to see everyone again, my family, my friends and everyone else.. but my only way out is if I talk to any of them.

But how can I when they're always crowded by a bunch of people! And I definitely can't just get into the Justice league place!