Chapter 6 - Opening Up

(Word Count: 1024)

Angel returns to the hotel late at night still wearing Husks jacket that he took. Angel finds Husk in the main room resting his head on the bar counter and goes over to him.

Angel: "isn't it late for you to still be here?"

Husk is a sleep deprived drunken mess and grabs the jacket Angel is wearing
Husk: "my jackett"

Angel: *chuckles* "oh yea. I took your jacket since I didn't think you'd mind as you never wear it anyway"

Husk: *mumbles* "my jacket.... Give back.."

Angel: "are you literally only awake to get the jacket back?"

Husk goes to say something but passes out nearly falling to the ground but Angel catches him.

Angel: *blushing slightly* "oh kitty~"

Angel picks Husk up bridal style and brings him to Angel's room putting him on his bed. Angel gently places the jacket on Husk like a blanket before putting the actual covers over him. Angel strokes Husk's fur for a bit day-dreaming while doing so. He then realises what he's doing so he stops. He then dresses into pajamas and decides to sleep on the couch in the room while snuggling up to Fat Nuggets.

The next morning Angel wakes up early and changes to his normal clothes. Angel sits at the end of the bed and stares at Husk sleeping. He just stares and smiles at Husks little purring and cat trills. Angel giggles slightly.

Husk wakes up and looks around confused before realising and jumping, his ears immediately shooting up.
Husk: "what the fuck! Why am I here"

Angel: *tries to calm Husk* "Hey hey don't worry sweetie. You passed out in the main room and I don't have the key to your room so I let you sleep in my bed"

Husk: "please tell me you didn't sleep in the same bed"

Angel: "of course not. I want our first time to be perfect Kitty~"

Husk: *Husk's face immediately goes down* "you really never give up huh?"

Angel: "of course not hubby~" *angel chuckles* "hey did you really stay up just for the jacket?"

Husk: *Husk looks confused and then realises* "oh yea my jacket." *he picks up the jacket and checks the pockets to make sure nothing is missing before turning to Angel sounding slightly annoyed and serious* "never take my stuff without asking again."

Angel: "uh okay yeah sorry.... Wait does that mean if I wanted something you'd let me wear it if I ask you nicely?"

Husk: "depends what it is"

Angel: "can I wear your hat?~ please~"

Husk: *rolls his eyes and thinks for a few moments* "y'know what? Fuck it. Sure just cause you said please."

Angel: "really? Thanks husky wusky~"

Husk: *takes off his hat and groans* "don't make me immediately regret it."

Angel: *smiles and takes Husk's hat and puts it on, kicking his legs like a child* "thank you~"

Husk: *rolls his eyes and ties the jacket around his waist*

Angel: "why do you have a jacket if you don't wear it?"

Husk: "I can't wear it"

Angel: *tilts his head* "why not?"

Husk: *moves his wings up and out and sarcastically says* "oh I don't know"

Angel: *realises* "oh right your wings..... Wait why do you even have the jacket then??"

Husk: *mutters* "it was a gift from someone special..."

Angel: "someone special?" *angel thinks for a moment and remembers the pictures of Husk and the other guy and realises the shark guy was wearing the same jacket*

Husk: "yea.... It belonged to a very close.... 'friend'..." *he has a sense of sadness in his voice, moving his wings, tails and ears down*

Angel: "close friend?"

Husk: "uh yeah.... We don't talk anymore though...."

Angel: "really why?"

Husk stays quiet and looks away

Angel: "oh sorry if you don't want to talk about it.... I'm just curious..."

Husk: *mumbles* "I used to date the close friend.... He and I were inseparable....."

Angel: *nods and gives Husk a soft look* "he?"

Husk: *avoids looking at Angel* "uh yea he and I were together for a while. Then I got greedy and--" *he stops himself and look down*

Angel: *still looking softly and starting to speak softer* "and?"

Husk: "I made a deal with Alastor despite my ex's pleas...... I still made the deal and sold my soul...... My ex broke up with me not long afterwards as all we did was argue....." *Husk begins to tear up but holds his breathe to stop it*

Angel: *realises Husk was tearing up and goes for a hug but stops himself and just puts his hand on Husk's shoulder* "Hey Husk... it's okay... You can't just blame yourself for that... Maybe it wasn't meant to be...."

Husk: *tears up more* "he was my everything..." *he holds his breathe again trying to stop the tears*

Angel: *notices Husk holding his breathe* "woah... Hey Husk maybe don't hold your breathe like that"

*Husk shakes his head*

Angel: "I'm being serious please stop that"

Husk: *Husk gives in and stops holding his breathe and breathes heavily tearing up more* "you don't understand"

Angel: *he goes to hug him but stops himself* "can I hug you?"

*Husk nods*

Angel: *hugs Husk* "it's okay... Shhh" *he starts to move the hug slightly back and forth like he was cradling Husk*

*Husk cries*

Angel: *starts shushing and comforting Husk and can't help but blsuh slightly as this was a level of trust he wasn't expecting* "Hey..... Husk I'm sure you can find someone..."

Husk: *manages to sarcastically mumble through his crying* "oh yeah cause everyone loves a cynical alcoholic"

Angel: *starts to scratch at Husk's head* "this is hell. It's hard not to find someone who has kinks for that sort of stuff"

Husk: *chuckles slightly but still cries* "uh yeah guess your right" *after a few moments of silence and Husk calming down, alongside Angel scratching Husks head he begins to purr slightly*

Angel: *Angels heart immediately raises and he feels like melting at Husk's adorableness*

Husk: *struggles to keep his eyes open and falls sleep in Angels arms*

Angel just stays there comforting Husk trying to avoid waking him

Edits Log:
15th February 2024 - originally published

30th August 2024 - Added Chapter to the title, removed words thing, added word count, fixed spelling and grammar