C H A P T E R 26

(play the song above if you feel like crying while reading this chapter<3)

ANGELA
•••••••••••••••

As soon as the words leave his mouth, my body goes still. I don't move, I don't think I even breathe.

What the-

Nicole is Nicolai's daughter? The pain and confusion I feel at this moment cannot be put into words. The one person I trusted and confided in had betrayed not only me but all of us in the worst way possible. I never thought that my only best friend would ever betray me, but here I am, facing the harsh reality.

I can't even imagine how Dante must be feeling. The feeling of betrayal runs deep, and it must be hard to come to terms with the fact that someone he held so dearly would turn against him so easily.

I look over at him and the look on his face is honestly gut-wrenching. His face is pale, his mouth open in shock and his eyes are slowly swelling up with tears.

I fist my hands and glare at her, she's the reason for the pained look on his face. My chest constricts thinking about how close we've gotten, and she just threw all that away. No, for all I know, the 'friendship' we built wasn't even real.

"How could you?" Dante whispers, his eyes pinned to Nicole. "I trusted you," Tears are slowly starting to fall down his cheeks and my heart breaks even more for him. "So everything we had was a lie? After everything I shared with you, you still had the heart to betray me- to betray us?!"

Nicole stares at Dante, her face blank, revealing nothing.

"Answer me!" He shouts as even more tears pour down his cheeks. He clutches his chest over his heart, rubbing roughly as if he's in pain. "I told you that I loved you." He whispers brokenly. "I. . . I loved you s-so much. . ."

"Dante-" I'm cut off by Nikolai's ugly laugh again.

"This is just wonderful." Nikolai smiles as he turns to Nicole. "Let's give them some time alone and come back when their pathetic boss awakens from his beauty sleep." He turns and makes his way up the stairs again.

Nicole doesn't immediately follow him and Dante glares at her. "Would you just leave or are you not done stabbing us in the back?" He aggressively wipes his eyes.

Even though he's glaring at her with an angry sneer on his face, his eyes still has a pleading look. As if he's begging her not to actually go.

"Leave!"

Nikolai then yells from up the stairs."Nicole what are you waiting for, come on!"

She doesn't flinch, she just takes a deep breath before slowly turning around and making her way to the stairs.

My heart shatters even more as the broken look on Dante face intensifies. He can't hide his feelings - he is completely and utterly heartbroken.

As Nicole passes me, she briefly glances over and I catch the look on her face.

Her eyes are almost unrecognizable. I don't know what happened to my friend but this person in front of me is just. . . different. And I hate it. I hate how this person is causing so much pain to someone I deeply care for.

My eyes only harden as she keeps eye contact for that brief moment. I hope she sees how I truly feel.

As soon as she's gone I shake my head and look over at Dante. "Are you okay?"

He lets out a shaky breath as he stares longingly at the stairs. "It f-feel. . . it feels like s-she just tour out my heart and took it with her." He whispers brokenly before closing his eyes and turning around. He slides down the wall and covers his face with his hands.

It physically hurts seeing him like this.

"Am I so hard to love?" He whispers so softly and this time I can't stop my tears from falling as the last pieces of my heart shatters even more for Dante.

Oh Dante...

●◇●◇●◇●◇●

(sorry for the short chapter, but I just really really wanted to publish this part :)"