C H A P T E R 24

Elijah
•••••••••••

Shots keep ringing throughout the room. Blood is splattered everywhere as men and women fall to the ground. I can barely make out who's who.

It's complete chaos.

I immediately spot Angela on the other side of the room, taking on a guy twice her size. My fist clench as I watch her fight.

It didn't matter that she could protect herself, every blow she took against her skin made something snap inside of me.

I saw something move in my peripheral vision and immediately shot my arm out to grab the wrist of someone coming at me. I turn to see one of my father's guards with a syringe in his hand.

He screams in pain as I snap his wrist. I take the syringe and throw it to the side. I don't waste time as I kick him in the chest against the wall. I remove the gun from the back of my pants and shoot him in the head.

More men come towards me and I don't hesitate as I punch and kick each of them. When I get one man down I take on the other and shoot the next, not missing a step.

When I run out of bullets and more random shots come from different angles, I duck for cover. I try and look for Angela through the mess as my heart hurls itself into my throat at the thought of not finding her.

I track everything in the room. I see Dante and Nicole on the other side, fighting and shooting together against my father's men. I see Lorenzo taking on men across from them, barely breaking a sweat. There's so many of my fathers men, I'm losing track on everyone.

I don't know how he has so many men working for him when he's not actively part of the mafia anymore. When he stepped down, everyone bowed down to me.

Something isn't right.

A scream comes from the other side of the room and my head snaps towards the sound. It's Angela fighting another man with her two knives.

Just when I'm about to go towards her, because I can't just watch her fight for her life, she slashes her knife across his face and then slits his neck in one go.

A small proud smile appears on my face and my heart throbs at seeing my girl fight of men with so much confidence.

I don't waste another moment when I quickly make my way towards her. She sees me and gives me a small smile. "Elijah..."

I catch sight of someone coming at her from behind. I quickly maneuver Angela to the side but not before grabbing her knife and throwing it at the man's chest. He stumbles and falls to the ground. I take his gun and shoot him in the head.

When I turn back toward Angela, I smirk and say, "Don't worry angel, I always got your back."

She narrows her eyes at me before moving towards me. As she leans closer to the side of my face, her lips to my ear, I hear a gunshot ring behind me.

"No, I've got your back." Angela whispers in my ear. I lift my brows at her as I turn to look behind me and see another man laying dead on top of the one I killed. I look at Angela and she's smirking at me now, with the gun in her hand.

I didn't even feel her take it.

A smile tugs at my lips as I look at her. "I love you." I can't help but say it again during all this chaos.