"Till Death Do Us Apart"

"Eat this darling or how will you be conscious enough to see your dear Shubhman die in my hand? C'mon, say aah" Mayank said, bringing a spoonful of soup towards Ishan's mouth. Ishan turned his face sideways, the hate bubbling inside him enough to not look at Mayank.

"Ishan eat something-" Mayank stopped midway as spit landed on his face. Ishan had spat on his face, not being able to contain the anger. "What the FUCK!" Mayank slapped Ishan's cheek, the force so strong that the inside of his cheeks started bleeding. Ishan glared spitting the blood mixed saliva on the ground. Fuming Mayank dashed out of the basement.

Ishan was sitting on the floor of the basement. His legs were hurting like hell but he didn't utter a word about it to Mayank. Never complained and neither shed even a tear. He kept chanting 'I am strong' in his head. He will run away somehow someday if Shubhman does not come to rescue him.

He closed his eyes and rested his head against the cool wall. His legs and hands were chained. He didn't even know if they were still in Brooklyn or somewhere else. His legs were adorned with long marks of cane he was mercilessly beaten with. His goons hadn't bat even an eye to his pained groans. He had tried standing up on his legs but it was so painful, he could hardly take two steps.

"Hope I can see you soon Shubh. If you want to see me i.e." Ishan whispered the last part to himself. He wanted to sleep to pass the time but he had a splitting headache. The cool walls felt heavenly and it was the only thing keeping him grounded.

He didn't know what time it was and how much time had passed. The walls were closing in on him. He wasn't claustrophobic but right now, he felt like he could relate to people suffering from it. He was somewhere between dozing off and staying awake. Like on the verge of falling asleep.

Ishan woke up with a startle when he heard gunshots somewhere. Very close, the sound came from somewhere very close. Ishan looked around and found nothing unusual. He was still in the basement, the room dark as usual as there was no space for ventilation or light to come in.

He dragged himself towards the door. His chains allowed that much movement. He could go till the door but not beyond it. The door locked only from the outside so Ishan tried his luck. He turned the doorknob but there was no 'click', it was still locked.

"Is anyone there? What's going on?"  "Shut up and stay inside for your safety" "Where is Mayank?" "We are not paid to answer your questions" Ishan rolled his eyes and again dragged himself towards the wall and sat with its support.

"Stupid Mayank didn't even give me ointment. Damn, all these wounds are going to get septic" Ishan pulled out his shirt and tore it into smaller pieces to cover the wound.  Ishan's back and legs were adorned with slash marks of cane. Even though Mayank has ordered his goons to only hit his leg, they decided themself that Ishan deserved more than that.

Ishan did not protest. He was almost used to the pain. At first, it was unbearable but later he got used to it. Ishan let out a long sigh. 'I cannot continue modelling anymore. They sure are gonna kick me out if I go back looking like this. Maybe I will just stay back here in New York after getting out of Mayank's grasp'

He has used the whole of his shirt but most of his wounds were still open. Suddenly a thought hit him. 'How will Shubhman react if he sees me like this? He had made himself very clear in the beginning that he wanted me for my body. Yes the last time they talked Shubhman  confessed to feeling something more but that time Ishan did not look like this '

Ishan was still deep in his thoughts when the door opened with a bang. Ishan looked up bewildered and saw a fuming Mayank walking towards him. Ishan sat up straight unaware of what was going on beyond the door. Mayank held Ishan's hand and jerked him up on his feet. Ishan winced but did not say anything. His goons took off the chains.