0.05

𖤓

HER DAD WAS APOLLO.

apollo. the god of... about twenty different things, and he was visiting her dreams.

yesterday, when she and michael had asked cedar the satyr about demigods, she had asked if her dreams meant anything. just out of curiosity. who knows! maybe her dream of dolphins with dog head sitting in a classroom had meaning!

he did a half decent job of explaining according to ellie. some demigods - mainly children of apollo and hypnos, the god of dreams - could predict the future with their dreams, or at least see glimpses into it.

what neither of them thought to mention, of course, was that gods liked to pop in from time to time and either threaten you, or have a nice chat. which luckily for reagan, it was the ladder.

standing in front of her was a teenager, maybe seventeen? eighteen? with the same golden hair she had, sunglasses resting on top of his head, and a bright smile all the apollo kids shared.

"hey sundrop, how was the first day of the rest of your life?" her father asked, dropping to his knee so reagan was slightly taller then him and placing a hand on her shoulder.

reagan glanced at where they stood, a beautiful open field with archers of gladiolus flowers, along with some golden lilies that reminded her of the flower from tangled.

she looked back up at apollo, "dad? um... nice to meet you?"

he let out a small laugh and brought her into a hug, "you look so much like your mother, sundrop. act just like her too."

reagan felt warmth travel through her at the nickname. sundrop. she couldn't help but smile and lean into the hug, wrapping her arms around her dad's neck. they hugged for a few seconds, before pulling away, her dad leaving his hands on her shoulders.

"you're destined to do great things, sundrop. you'll understand when you're older, i promise," he took the sunglasses off his head and placed them over her eyes, "remember, it's okay to run away, but you'll learn that running towards your problems isn't all that bad. got it kid?"

reagan nodded and as if the sunglasses kept getting darker, the field faded to black. she felt her father press a light kiss to her forehead.

"rest now, sundrop. you got a lot to learn."

𖤓

SHE WOKR UP WITH SUNGLASSES OVER HER EYES.

she was up with the sunrise, much like the rest of her new siblings- well, half siblings. despite the many age gaps and backgrounds they all come from, they all shared a lot in common. apparently, a lot of things in reagan's life could just be brushed off as 'apollo kid things'.

like her being able to hear the snoring from the ares cabin next door, and even the crackling fire from the hephaestus cabin. that was because apollo kids have a heightened sense of hearing, her might have been more sensitive then her siblings, though.

or, her tetrachromacy and synaesthesia! every child of apollo can see more colours then the normal person, because they can see the different reflection and absorption of light in each colour. synaesthesia is a bit more rare in demigods in general, but because of how the two mix, reagan can't help but feel like she had both because of her dad.