27. The Little Princess' bodyguard

Third Person POV :

"Please, Tae...I promise, it'll be fun. You'll definitely enjoy it. Please, please...pretty please." Jungkook asked with expectant eyes. He even pulled his cutest look ever that always works on his hyungs, blinking his eyes, pouting and all.

Taehyung looked at him with a great conflict taking over in his brain. He doesn't want to decline Jungkook's request, especially when the older is looking at him so hopefully with his doe eyes. Indeed he found the older cute. Who doesn't? Jungkook is such an adorable cute boy.

But what he was asking is not something easy. Not after what he had gone through.

He again diverted his eyes to his fiddling fingers on his lap from the other, who was literally kneeling in front of him.

"You really don't like to?" Jungkook asked, unsure. He prayed internally that the younger would accept his proposal.

'Don't say no. Don't say no.'

"No."

A sad expression immediately took over Jungkook's face at the rejection. But his eyes light up at the next words. "I like to...but..."

"But...but what, Tae?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with tears pooling at the corner of his eyes. "I am... I am afraid, hyung. They...they'll..." He couldn't voice out his words further. Jungkook understood what the boy was trying to say. He sat next to Taehyung taking his fiddling hands into his own.

"Tae, look at me." He asked and continued when the younger followed his request. "Do you trust me?"

Taehyung nodded his head. "Hmm. Tae trusts Kookie hyung the most." The cute reply brought a smile to Jungkook's face.

"Then, listen to me...there's nothing to be scared of. I'll make sure that nothing happens. Just shopping and then a small dinner. We will wear masks so one can see you....okay?" His voice is the gentlest you can ever get to hear that gave Taehyung enough assurance he needed to muster up his courage to set his foot out after years.

Jungkook had suggested that they would go out that evening. It's been a week since he received the threat. They warned him that he better not bring Taehyung outside. But Jungkook decided the other way. Who are they even kidding? No one can tell him what to do and what not to. He is one stubborn and crazy bunny you would never want to mess with or he will make sure you regret doing so.

The video made Jungkook more determined to take Taehyung out into the world and investigate the case deeper. It would be so unfair and cruel for Taehyung otherwise.

He already spent his whole life as a lifeless soul in the hands of those heartless monsters. Now all Jungkook wants to do is bring justice to Taehyung by putting those criminals behind those bars. More than that, he wanted to give Taehyung what he had missed all those years. At least part of it if not all.

He wasn't there in the Taehyung's life back then. But now he is. So he will make sure Taehyung feels all the happiness in the world.

He wanted to show Taehyung around the world but the boy is frightened to go out, afraid that they will again confine him.

Besides, it's been too long since he had seen the outside world. Even the thought of going out is making him anxious.

Yet deep inside he is desperate to go out. However staying at their home with Jungkook is all he could ask for rather than being caught by those people. He would prefer to die than going back there. Ofcourse, 'cause once he goes back there, he won't even have rights over his life.