Fear

In the morning, I woke up and walked into the kitchen. I saw Tim there cooking breakfast while talking to Genny.

Genny: "Morning Luce."

Lucy: "Morning Gen."

Tim: "Morning baby, where did you get to last night?"

Lucy: "Morning Babe, Tamara had a nightmare last night and asked me to stay with her." I quickly left the room and headed to the bathroom. Meanwhile Tamara woke up and was in tears.

Tim: "Tam, are you okay?" She shakes her head.

Tamara: "Where's Lucy?"

Genny: "In the bathroom." Tamara started breaking down crying. Tim rushed over to her and pulled her into a hug.

Tim: "Your okay. You're safe and you have people that care about you." Tamara hugged Tim tightly. I walk out and sees what's going.

Lucy: "Everything okay?" Tamara heard me and rushed to hug me. She nearly bowled us over. I held her tightly.

Tamara: "I'm so scared, does it ever get better?"

Tim: "It takes time but it does get better." We have no school today, so it's a lazy day around the house, watching movies and talking.

Time jump: A year later, we are all getting ready to graduate. John graduated last year and now we are graduating. It's an amazing feeling. Tamara has settled well into our friend group and has become one of my best friends. She has gotten better with her fears and is now very happy in life.

We all have passed a fair few challenges, but we all got through it. 

We are finally at the day of our graduations. We were all hyped up, our parents were all there for us. Nyla and Angela got valedictorian, but no one was surprised as they are both crazy smart. Tim, my boyfriend got the sports award, I was so proud of him but also knew he would get it. We all got our certificate and partied. 

Our group all were back at our house, celebrating our graduation. Our parents were they to catch up with each other.

John: "Okay guys, take a turn to say something your grateful for."

Bailey: "I'm grateful for our friend group and for my boyfriend of course."

Jackson: "I'm grateful for making it through high school and graduating."

James: "I'm grateful that I met my amazingly smart girlfriend."

Nyla: "I'm grateful for having such an amazing support network."

Wesley: "I'm grateful for all the amazing times that we have had together and can't wait for more memories with y'all."

Angela: "I'm grateful for everyone here, but I'm extremely grateful for meeting Lucy and welcoming her into our lives."

Genny: "I'm grateful that Tim and I were saved from our abusive father and now being able to live life without fear of him."

Tim: "I'm grateful for everyone, but I extremely grateful for meeting the love of my life. Being able to help her through her hard time and her being able to save my sister and me from our father." I tear up hearing what Tim said.

Tamara: "I'm grateful for you all, expecting me on the first day you met me. You have all helped me grow and become happy again." I took a deep breath.

Lucy: "I'm grateful for what I have right now. I would have never believed that this is how my life would have turned out. I have met great friends, my best friends and my amazingly incredible boyfriend." We all celebrate.

Wesley: "What's everyone planning on doing now."

Bailey: "I'm going to train to be a fire fighter."

Wesley: "I'm going to law school for being a lawyer."

Genny: "I want to be a teacher."

James: "I haven't thought about it yet."

Everyone else: "A cop." We all laugh at how they want the same thing.

We start dancing around and partying hard. Eating take out.

It's true; it was a very long night.