Chapter Twenty-Three: Near Immortality

The beings that descended into the room from the broken window were like purer mirrors of the Lords.

There were ten of them. They had snow-white wings tipped with purple, their wingspan at least three times their height, which was about eight feet each. Their fingers had claws instead of nails and were blackened at the tips, but it didn't look frost-bitten or unhealthy like the Lords. They bore the same masks and cloaks, except the masks didn't have cracks and the cloaks seemed brighter. Everything about them seemed brighter, better, almost holy.

"ꖎ𝙹∷↸ᓭ 𝙹⎓ ᒲ╎ᓭ⍑ᔑ∷╎リ! ||𝙹⚍ ᔑ∷ᒷ ⚍リ↸ᒷ∷ ᔑ∷∷ᒷᓭℸ ̣ ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ⎓ℸ ̣ 𝙹⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ'ᓭ ᓵꖎ𝙹ᔑꖌ ᔑリ↸ ᒲᔑᓭꖌ. ᔑリ↸, ╎ℸ ̣ ∴𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ᔑ!¡!¡ᒷᔑ∷, ⎓𝙹∷ ᒲ╎ᓭ⚍ᓭᒷ 𝙹⎓ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ ᔑʖ╎ꖎ╎ℸ ̣ ╎ᒷᓭ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 𝙹!¡!¡∷ᒷᓭᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡ᒷ𝙹!¡ꖎᒷ 𝙹⎓ ↸╎ᒲᒷリᓭ╎𝙹リ ᔑ-⎓𝙹⚍∷ℸ ̣ ᒷᒷリ. ╎'↸ ᔑ↸⍊╎ᓭᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭ⚍∷∷ᒷリ↸ᒷ∷." The language the being spoke was strange, musical and harsh at the same time. Something about it invoked both fear and awe in Pearl.

"リᒷ⍊ᒷ∷, ⍑ᔑꖎꖌᔑ||," Zarna sneered at the being that spoke.

"𝙹⍑, ⨅ᔑ∷リᔑ. ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ↸ᔑ|| ||𝙹⚍ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ꖎᒷᔑ∷リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒷ ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ ╎ᒲ!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ᔑリℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ ||𝙹⚍." The being that spoke shook her head and signalled to the other beings. Then they attacked.

It was terrifying. They summoned strange weapons, set off small, controlled explosions, and fought with their bare hands. It was the most graceful thing Pearl had ever seen. They fought in sync with each other, while the Lords fought each their own battles, alone. The strange beings had the Lords bound in front of their thrones in moments.

Once they did, the being that had spoken first, recognisable by her height, turned and spoke to the shortest of them, who was roughly 7 '6.

"̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ. ||𝙹⚍ ↸╎↸ ∴ᒷꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⎓╎⊣⚍∷ᒷ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ꖎ𝙹∷↸ᓭ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ. ∴ᒷ'∷ᒷ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ⎓𝙹∷ ↸𝙹⚍ʖℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣ ||𝙹⚍." She gave a very pointed look to another of the beings. "∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ , ╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᔑꖎ?"

The being sighed and nodded. "⍑ᔑꖎꖌᔑ|| ╎ᓭ ᓵ𝙹∷∷ᒷᓵℸ ̣. ∴ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒷ ᔑꖎꖎ ᓭ𝙹∷∷||."

The short being smiled and nodded back. "ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリꖌ ||𝙹⚍, ╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᔑꖎ."

These beings clearly had incredible power, and they were just standing there. Pearl growled slightly.

"What are you doing? My friends are dying, or already dead, and you're just having a pleasant conversation. The Lords need to die. How do we kill them? And speak English, I want to understand, especially if you're discussing my home," she snapped. "And, also, what the heck are you?"

The tall being seemed taken aback. Pearl guessed they were used to their presence scaring everyone into silence. "We are Watchers, extra dimensional beings of great power. Your Lords must be taken to the Greater End for a fair trial, but they will not be given anything less than a death sentence, and we can kill them. About your friends, we can fix that." Her voice was odd, sounding almost like there were two people talking at once. She snapped her fingers and the other beings - or Watchers, apparently - approached her friends.

One lifted the throne crushing BigB and reached out their hand, the same broken rectangle symbol appearing, and suddenly BigB started upwards, unharmed, as though he had respawned.