Chapter 6

"I'm her.... I'm her husband" with a heavy heart, he finally breathed.

"Good, I have something to discuss with you" she stated, "follow me to my oce please. "She urged him, he followed behind her closely.

"Please take a seat" she gestured to the chair for him to sit which he occupied with all might in his actions. He didn't bother to observe his surroundings, the matter in front of him is bigger than that. Nonetheless, he has seen better.
"We could have lost the fetus if you have come later than this" she started, "what?" he queried, sounding astounded.

"Yeah. We found out that she took misoprostol. An abortion pill which causes her to nearly have a miscarriage."

"Is she pregnant?" He asked, horrified.

"You are unaware?" She scrutinized him. "She seems about 6-10 weeks pregnant" his heart boiled as he heard her, his expression changed to anger. His eye spits fire that makes the doctor squirm on her seat.

"Can you go on?" he urges.

" Abortion with pills involves two medications: mifepristone and misoprostol. They can be used together — or misoprostol can be used alone — to empty the uterus safely and eectively by starting a process similar to a miscarriage. When misoprostol is used alone, it is slightly less eective but still very safe. Misoprostol makes the uterus contract and push out the pregnancy. This is similar to what happens when a person has a miscarriage. And we found out that she only took the misoprostol.

When both medications are available, mifepristone is taken first, and then misoprostol is taken 1–2 days later. Mifepristone is always swallowed. Misoprostol is put in the mouth to dissolve, either in between the cheek and gum or under the tongue." She elaborated in her British accent that was hard to miss. From the look of it and how young she seems she must have studied abroad.

"Misoprostol is typically much easier to buy because it is also used to treat ulcers and to prevent or stop heavy bleeding after childbirth. Mifepristone and misoprostol "combi-packs" and misoprostol alone can be bought from online pharmacies and organizations that support people to self-manage their abortions. So it isn't hard to find it"

"How is the baby now?" he questioned, with all concerned. His tongue trembles with a greater eort when says the word baby.

"We are able to stop the bleeding as soon as possible. And since she only took the first dose so it is easier to deactivate it. Both the baby and the mother are fine." She assured him that the breathing he didn't know he was holding. "You can check on her". He nodded, stood up and maneuvered his way out of the oce to the room she was transferred to.

Upon arriving, he met her parents rushing into the hospital. Mami who came all the way from the airport and her husband. Her father and her two brothers; Aahil and Aadil. They all look worried sick. "How is she?" Afifah approached him first. Followed by others.

"She is fine" he said, trying hard to remain calm, but each passing, his anger was emulsifying. He walked ahead of them to the hospital room, bothering not.

Inara was lying lifeless on the bed with an IV fluid attached to her left hand. The beeping sound from the cardio machine was the only sound in the room. Her eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. Her face was pale, marred with tears and her make up.

If she was so worried about the child, why did she take the pill in the first place? He thought about it. That aggravated him, he overlooked her condition and approached her exasperatedly.

"How dare you try to murder my child" he accused, Jerking her out of her . She trembled upon hearing his voice. Her eyes wide like a saucer as she glances at him. She tried to sit up causing her to wince in pain. She shakes her head in denial, tears start to gush down, pleading with him with her eyes.
She knew she perceived his scent when was losing her consciousness but she didn't really think it was he who brought to the hospital. She was in so much pain that she realized it was him. "No... no I didn't" she stuttered, attempting to sit up again.

"So I'm lying, I asked you how dare you try to kill my child" he thundered, alerting everyone outside. She closed her eyes tightly, his voice was so strong that she could feel the whole hospital crumbling on her. All the people outside rush in to see what's happening.

"Are you pregnant? '' Mami asked, hypnotized. She couldn't see her in her eyes, she was so ashamed of herself too. Afifah broke down, leaning on her husband for support.
"How can you be so wicked, to what extend" Asad asked, pain evident in his voice.

"Please hear me out" she wanted to talk but the look on his face told her otherwise.

"Hear you out you said, what is there for you to say? That you tried to kill your child. Your own child" he yelled again. She burst out crying, shaking her head nonstop.

"I didn't, I did not kill my child" she cries out. All eyes were in a miserable state. Aahil Walk we further into the room, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He engulfed her in his arms which she accepted. She cried in his arms while "I admitted I take the pills only once but I stopped the dosage, I decided against it. I stopped it" she trembles.

"Can you hear yourself?" Asad thundered.

"Why did you take the pill in the first place, are you out if you mind? Have you spoken to any of us, not me, not your uncle, not Your aunt. And not even Aadil shares all things together" He looked over at Aadil who shook his head immediately. He was also unaware of these things. They all put the blame on him the other time when things fall apart, he tries as much as possible this time to not get his hand in her dirty things. And she knew if she had confronted him about this matter he would never ever agree with her to have an abortion. "Why would you do that?" Jalil yelled.

"Because I don't want to be a single mother," she shouted at them. Gathering courage , she wipes away her tears. "I didn't not want my child to bear the consequences of my deed" she looked at Asad in the eyes.

"A single mother you said, a single mother. Inara, of all people, knows how much I adore Children. I love them so much, so dearly. Did you think that I will not will not be in my child's life? Did you think that I will never care for him?"

"Hear me once and for all, if anything, by any chance or any means happens to my child, blame yourself" He uttered, putting much more pressure on every word. Asad eyes spitting fire. She has to hide in Aahil's arm not daring to look at him. From there he left the room.

"We are all disappointed in you" Jalil walked out behind him. She was used to hearing those words but now it hurts her so much, pricking her heart and breaking it into pieces.