Chapter 11

It's been two days since Inara was back to her matrimonial home and since that day, she has never stepped out of her bedroom. She will coiled inside a soft fluy blanket, hearing the pattering sound of rain fall and perceiving the smell of damp sand. All she did was laze around in the room, eat, sleep and watch the sunset from the balcony. She was glad Madeline brought her food or anything she wanted up to her room. She hardly eats the meal though, her morning sickness has elevated. She hates the smell of food around her, she ends up throwing it out when she eats it except for a few of them.
Boredom was eating her up,she found nothing attractive in her surroundings. She no longer does her work, paints or even rejuvenates her skin. She just lies on the bed watching the time ticking and sighing. Only waking up when it's time to pray. She was getting depressed, God knows that. She wasn't a fan of movie nor book and that add to her me
misery, nothing to entertain her.
The sound of the rain mercilessly beating the ground could be heard from the balcony where she stood. She hates to admit she finds solace in what she hate. She never likes the rainy season, maybe because of thunderstorms. When she was young, she felt like rain was jealous of her beauty. Whenever she was dressed up ready to go out, it started to rain, ruining her plan. Sometimes it comes at the most unexpected, unplanned times, like when she is in the middle of nowhere, she has to stay in place or walk out in the rain to reach her car. But now, seeing the clouds became dark, she remembers a quote she read somewhere, the clouds can no longer hold the pain and that's why it cascades down the rain, and so the eyes, when the pain is too heavy to carry, it she'd down the tears. And so she did, joining the cloud as they shed down their pain. Called her cry baby, that's all what she did now.

A shawl draping over her petite structure breaks her out of her reverie, she shudders. She never realized she was in need of it until it was placed over her. The weather was cold and that can make her catch a cold. The clothing she wears will do nothing as she is still in her night dress. A silk knee length gown with it short. Her hair was open, shining mesmerizingly. The coils waving along with the air. She has really beautiful long hair, blank and silk, reaching her mid back.
She held the shawl securely around her, knowing fully well who was Standing behind her. She perceived his scent before he stepped onto the balcony. All she wanted was to be in his embrace, smelling his exuberant scent as it's the only thing that calms her nausea. She never turns back nor says something, continuing gazing at the sky.

"You will catch a cold if you continue to stay here," he said, his eyes on her slender legs that were naked and barefooted. She was really careless of her well being, all his life he knew that. "You need to get back in," he added.

She didn't acknowledges his presence nor listens to what he said, she continues gazing, achingly. She hates how he treats her like she was like the luggage he kept at home. Since the day he brought her to their home, she never set her eyes on him. He came back late when she was asleep and stepped out early when she was still asleep. She always knows he is workaholics but not to that extent, that tells her he was just ignoring her presence. So, she also stopped yearning for his presence.

They stay in silence until when the wind is so strong that she Can't resist, she exhales badly, going back to the room almost limping. Her legs were frozen because of standing for too long and the cold outside, causing her blood to emulsify.

She sat on the bed, taking up the scrunchies on the side table to tie her hair in a high ponytail, looking cute and adorable. Her almond shaped eyes looked so Bright like a 13 day moon. Her whole spotless skin was glowing like a sun staring at a glass. She shrugged, knowing the pregnancy added a glow to her olive skin. When she looked up, she found Asad staring at the center table full of her untouch breakfast. Earlier in the morning, Madeline brought her breakfast which she keeps far away from because she hates the wafting from it. It churned her stomach causing her to throw up her empty stomach. So she refused to eat, choosing to stay with an empty stomach. She cursed herself inwardly for not calling Madeline to take out the salver.

"Why is it left untouched," He questions, and she retreats her eyes from him. "Don't you like it? '' he asked.

"I'm not hungry," she stood up, heading to the closest to avoid the conversation. Asad looked at his wrist watch which read 11;45, how is she hungry when she hasn't eaten anything in the morning. "It's almost noon, and you're not hungry" she stopped when she was about to pass across him.

"I'm not hungry, I have some fruit," she lied. She only ate two grapes and half of a banana, losing her appetite along the way. When he looks back at the tray, his eyes fall on the plate full of fruits that look untouch. Her stomach growls in the process, unrevealing her lies. She cursed her bad luck.

"Are you trying to starve my child," he glared at her. He was taken aback by his outburst, really his child. It's her child also, how can she starve him. Infact, his child is the one starving her because he stops her from eating. She was hungry but she couldn't eat anything else so she ended up throwing up.

Asad used the telephone in the room, asking Madeline to bring another set of food, that one is already cold. Not long, Madeline walked in with a salver full of dierent dishes. Toast, eggs, french fries, chicken curry, tea and also some fruits and snacks. She left with the untouched ones after keeping the new one. "I told you I'm not hungry" she nagged. Frowning at the table.

"You need to stop walking barefooted," he ignores her nagging. "Eat before it gets cold. He sat on the other chair around the table, daring her to say otherwise. Giving up, she hued and sat down facing him. She reached for the milk tea first, feeling his burning gaze, his eyes digging a hole in her skin. Halfway through the tea, she eats a small bit from the toast. Trying hard to swallow it down her throat. When she looked up at him, his glare was still prominent on his face. She doesn't want to eat but she has to. When she had a spoon of the chicken sauce, her stomach churned again. Hating the smell of it.

Keeping back the bowl, she rushes to the toilet when she feels like throwing up. She throws out all what she has eaten. She looks so week after, Asad who follows behind her helps her rinse mouth. She was dizzy that she couldn't stand on her feet, she had to be supported by Asad. "Are you okay?" He embraced her, patting the towel on her face. She nodded, trying to walk out of the bathroom but hit with a hard fatigue, losing her balance. Asad eortlessly picks her up from there to the bedroom, dropping her on the bed.

"I don't want to eat anything, I will end up throwing it out"she cries out in his embrace. Unknowingly, he stroked her bag trying to soothe her. She looked so fragile that he wanted to protect from the world. It awfully breaks his heart seeing her vulnerable. She looks weak and lost weight, looking pale. He soon develops a soft spot for her without himself knowing, he actually cares for her, even loves her so dearly. He can't continue to fight his heart. "It's okay, I'm sorry. Now sleep before cooking a scrumptious meal for you" he lies her down, strokes her face keeping away the strand of her hair behind her ear.